Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy-Ventures 22: Bulletman from the GI Joe Adventure Team

Plaid Stallions Toy-Ventures 22: Bulletman from the GI Joe Adventure Team

This week we take a look at Bulletman: The Human Bullet and his many international variations from the UK (Palitoy) and Mexico (Lili Ledy). I discuss my personal history with this figure and why he's so special to me. Please hit like and subscribe and never miss a Toy-Venture!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFgCpwiNXcsFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

I didn't even know this guy existed. Lili Ledy El Hombre Bala.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-...MAAOSwnCdcMH1I

Images
    Bulletman is one of my favorite figures ever made. Pure awesomeness.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    I didn't even know this guy existed. Lili Ledy El Hombre Bala.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-...MAAOSwnCdcMH1I
    I see those from time to time, they are always pricey :(

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Bear View Post
    Bulletman is one of my favorite figures ever made. Pure awesomeness.
    Bulletman is, by far, my favorite G.I.Joe.

Images
    As a fan of Golden Age Fawcett comics, I've always liked Bulletman. I don't necessarily think it was a copy of the character, but I suspect there were some unrealized elements of copying going on--the character hadn't been printed since the 1950s and wasn't yet back fully in DC Comics (not that they've ever done much with the non-Marvel Family), so it was likely more subconscious than anything. It always looked great.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    Moving towards superheroes definitely worked for me. Joe's vehicles and playsets were always cool, but I wasn't as much as a military guy. Bullet Man was about as superhero as you get!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Very enjoyable video, I like Bulletman a lot, too. Refurbishing mine was one of my favorite projects as a collector.

I had both the American and British versions (now combined), but I didn't realize the helmet variation. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: I think I have the British helmet.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 20, '19 at 6:42 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Love the video. Bulletman is one of my all time favorite toys. Had one as a kid at 5 in '75.
    Now have a combo US and Brit version with both helmets and boots in a repro Palitoy box.

I recently found his boot in one of my storage boxes. Now need to find all the other parts eventually (and I mean parts. Just like the Super Joes, his...connective tissue...rotted away long ago). I remember teaming him up with Steve Austin, Jamie Sommers and Mike Powers, as well as an Earth 1 displaced 12" Mego Superman.