Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into Which Metal Can Did You Throw Your Trash?

Images
    I had this superhero metal wastebasket growing up. It had vintage comic book covers of Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman

I'm sure it's still at my parent's home in the closet or garage. I live on the other side of the country, so it's too big for me to bring back with me on the airplane, and I'm sure sending it through the mail would cost a lot.
    I even remember seeing it in the store, and begging my Mom to buy it, and she said no. Then, the next time I was in the store with my dad, he saw me admiring it and asked me if I wanted it, and I said "yes" (I didn't tell him that mom already said no). I probably snuck it into my room, but my mom noticed it a few days later, and said, "Hey, I told you you couldn't get this!" lol Too late, I was already using it! ha ha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee67 View Post
    Did you have one of those ubiquitous metal trash cans back in the day? I always wanted a Batman one, but I was OK with this Snoopy one. I was a pretty big peanuts fan, too.

Gosh, my parents had this one! Can't remember what happened to it...
    The hands that grip.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I went looking for mine thanks to Brian's weekly list of weird items. Decided I didn't like it enough to reunite with it. I swear I also had one of the tall round canister variety but I can't recall what was on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    Primarily this DC Super Heroes one:

YES!!!! That was my favorite trash receptacle ever. If only metal didn't rust. I have a modern Nick Turtles one in the living room now, but need to find something cooler...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoRobyn View Post
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

I went looking for mine thanks to Brian's weekly list of weird items. Decided I didn't like it enough to reunite with it. I swear I also had one of the tall round canister variety but I can't recall what was on it.
    This is the one I had! Hadn't thought of it in years, but that was part of my room for years until the Peanuts motif gave way to NFL.