X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

My Latest FTC pickups...

No pictures, unless requested. This stuff isn't new. Mostly.

I ordered and received the on-sale Teen Titans Van, black Batmobile, and the 10.5" Over-Sized Robin box set.

The Titans van is nice and is better than the Batlab I ordered from a 3rd part seller on Amazon. This van rolls freely and the seat is glued in. The pulley was floating inside the van, but fits back into place (no snap though; old glue shows it should have been glued in). I didn't open the sticker set, but it's a nice thick set of stickers and if it's as extensive as the Batlab's sticker set, there will be a lot of options to deck out the Titan van. The accessories included are the criminal capture net, two surf boards and the 1st appearance Wonder Girl. The box shows the surf boards on top of the van, so you can either do that or put the capture net up, not both. The Wonder Girl figure is... pretty bad. But she does look like what they show on the website, so... Mine has loose knees, the shoes are too big and the head is super tiny, but that might be because she is standing next to 1st Appearance Robin, whose head is regular sized. I will put her next to the original 7" Titans to get a better sense of the figure. Still kind of glad to have this variant though, for $10 more than buying a van separately (with the sale price). Thumbs Up on this purchase!

The 10.5" Oversized solid box Robin set is very no frills. It's the solid Robin box, up sized, with a 7" 1st Appearance green cape Robin in a bag and a 7.5" new Robin in a bubble wrap bag. That's it. But I get two Robins for $29.99, and that was a good deal for me.

I haven't even opened the black Batmobile. I had the other two Batmobiles and Batcycles, so I just needed the black Batmobile and I still need the blue Batcycle to complete the collection. There is no rush since I still have my originals, but with the vans going on sale and no other online sites I shop at having the Batmobile in-stock, I decided to get it now with free shipping. I posted pictures of my blue Batmobile and FTC did a great job on it.
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

TR, I switched my first Appearance Donna outfit onto a Mego Kelly Garrett, tied the hair into a ponytail with an elastic, and added a couple of WW bracelets. Huge improvement on that figure (I can't stand that female child body). The new Mego females are slightly smaller and the FTC costumes fit well. Did the same with the red jumpsuit Donna, and the Bette Kane Batgirl (onto a Kelly Bundy in that case.)

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^Thanks for those recipes, good ideas.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Yes, thanks rodkeith! I have extra Mego females, so I am going to give those recipes a try this weekend.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎