Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

If it is Catwoman & Penguin than I will wait till it is out on DVD/Blu-Ray to watch it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
      If it is Catwoman & Penguin than I will wait till it is out on DVD/Blu-Ray to watch it.
      agreed, and the Batcasting is not getting me interested either. WB should really give the big four villains a rest. Batman has a ton of foes to draw from. And man if they have vanity pretty boy unmasked posters for this goober....
      Last edited by thunderbolt; May 20, '19, 4:18 PM.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
        Personally, I'm hoping he will be Wolverine!
        If they were rebooting X tomorrow, that's exactly who it would be. But since it doesn't look like that's happening until after 2022, Eastwood will only be 37, but some other franchise will have had to come along between now and then.

It's ironic in that he's the embodiment of almost every standard superhero character, yet he's not in the conversation.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Can't say I'm crazy about the idea of Eastwood as Wolverine; he would have the same issue I always had with Hugh Jackman; he's a tall, slender drink of water. If Marvel Studios is going to reboot X-MEN in any way that remotely loyal to the characters in the books, then Wolverine needs to be a bit short, a bit stocky, a bit hairy and have some serious anger management issue (not quite the level of The Hulk, but in that general direction). Matter of fact, a Hulk vs. Wolverine movie might be a great way of introducing an MCU Wolverine to people and through him, the rest of the X-Men eventually. If Eastwood were playing any X-Man, I would say his physique would lend itself more to Scott Summers than anyone else, but that's just my thinking....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

My pitch for this movie: open on a daring late night prison break at Arkham, Batman rushes in but is outsmarted by some criminal mastermind and several of the world's most deranged supercriminals escape. Bats starts tracking them down World Greatest Detective style, setting him up to go against some lesser known foes from his rogue's gallery (some by brawn, some by stealth, some by gadgets...). Things are going well, but along the way, he is discovering these cryptic messages that seem to suggest that the criminal behind the prison break is still two steps ahead of him. Third act reveals that this criminal mastermind is none other than the Riddler (played by someone like a Walton Goggins). Batman is in a race against the clock to solve the riddles and save Gotham from certain doom. Big action set piece ensues... building to Batman catching the Riddler and saving the day. Movie ends back at Arkham, taking Riddler to his new home. And we get a shot of the name on one of the cells not yet re-occupied: Cobblepot. Cut to Penguin (played by Peter Dinklage!) saying that something needs to be done about this city's caped crusader...

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Can't say I'm crazy about the idea of Eastwood as Wolverine; he would have the same issue I always had with Hugh Jackman; he's a tall, slender drink of water. If Marvel Studios is going to reboot X-MEN in any way that remotely loyal to the characters in the books, then Wolverine needs to be a bit short, a bit stocky, a bit hairy and have some serious anger management issue (not quite the level of The Hulk, but in that general direction). Matter of fact, a Hulk vs. Wolverine movie might be a great way of introducing an MCU Wolverine to people and through him, the rest of the X-Men eventually. If Eastwood were playing any X-Man, I would say his physique would lend itself more to Scott Summers than anyone else, but that's just my thinking....
              Scott Eastwood is 3 inches shorter than Hugh Jackman, that right there is an improvement already.
              sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I don't give a hang how tall Hugh Jackman is, he nailed the character. Even in the lesser X-films, he was always fantastic.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Agreed. ^^^^

I was mainly pointing out Eastwood’s shorter statue in reference to some preferring a shorter Wolverine, that’s all.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I don't give a hang how tall Hugh Jackman is, he nailed the character. Even in the lesser X-films, he was always fantastic.

Chris
                    Agreed 100%!! He was PERFECT!
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Glenn Danzig almost had a stroke when Jackman was cast lol. He wanted the role himself...
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^But can Danzig even act? And if he can act at Gene Simmons level, the answer is still "no".

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

lol He can act like a jerk, I know that much.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            lol He can act like a jerk, I know that much.
                            I was about to jump in, he'd be a really good Wolverine if your idea of Wolverine has zero sense of humour about himself.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

As long as X was with Fox, Danzig never had a chance. He needed it to be at Carolco.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎