X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    If Pheonix's Joker is a hit would they reuse him in the DC movies?
    It looks like this Joker may be a one-off story (and a pretty dark one at that). He may not even be the Joker that faces off with Batman. Instead, he might be some sort of predecessor. AND Phoenix seems the type of "artist" who could walk away from big money.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I heard that too. Not to be THAT guy, but he actually plays Beast in the X-films since First Class. Just so folks know who we're talking about.

Chris
      Oh yeah, my bad...
      sigpic

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Looks like it will be Catwoman and Penguin as the villains in Reeves Batman film opposite Pattinson according to the Hollywood Reporter article here: https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...f.1ie/de42d27e

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
          Looks like it will be Catwoman and Penguin as the villains in Reeves Batman film opposite Pattinson according to the Hollywood Reporter article here: https://link.hollywoodreporter.com/v...f.1ie/de42d27e

-M
          been there done that. Uggh
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

He might well be a good choice for the role.
            Just needs to put on a few pounds of muscle.
            We shall see...
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Pairing Penguin & Catwoman seems repetitive, and I'm not in favor of pairing a-list foes. A bit worried about multiple villains unless we see a mix of c-listers as training fodder and hired muscle.

Tobey Jones should be cast as Cobblepot.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; May 18, '19, 8:20 AM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Tobey Jones would actually be brilliant casting. just need some prosthetics for his nose to be larger

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I've had my eye on him for almost 20 years. His performance as Truman Capote was great.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

My personal vote would’ve been for Scott Eastwood since he’s got the long, lean lines of a Neal Adams Batman (plus his pappy is a pretty good actor/director, too), but I’ll be willing to give Pattinson the benefit of a doubt. As long as they can man him up a bit and avoid ridiculously overpadded or over-rubberized outfits. And I want my @#&*!! white eyes!!
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

^Eastwood was my choice too. I don't see how that didn't happen.

As THR lays out, and Reeves implied sometime ago, there are multiple villains but they're not the focus on his investigation. The movie, as of now, is supposed to be told from Batman's perspective. So the stand alone scenes we get in the usual superhero movies - villains in the lair, origins etc...wouldn't exist. Using Returns for example, we wouldn't see Cobblepot's abandonment or Selina's adventure. If it's going to be a thriller, it's the smart way to go.
                      Last edited by hedrap; May 18, '19, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

^ I think it's smart, too. Do we really need origins again, good or bad?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Nos, I don't think we'll ever see white eyes, except perhaps briefly as anti-flash lenses or such. They hamper acting and audience identification.

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            ... and I'm not in favor of pairing a-list foes. .
                            It is nice to watch a film that really unfolds the villains story and doesn't dilute it with extraneous stuff.

Pairing can work. It just hasn't for the previous movies - but in pairs it has only been bad once.

Pairing Two Face and Riddler didn't work because it was written/acted/directed wrong - Riddler was the funny man, two face should have been the straight man. They played it funny man/funnyman.

non bad "pairings":

Catwoman/Peguin worked because they weren't really "paired" they more or less had roles independent from one another.

Two Face/Joker was OK but two face was really a by product. (note this pairing was technically done twice, though in the Keaton film Dent didn't transition to 2 face)

More than pairing+:
                            (note similarities in frsnchise killing films -3 bad guys including Bane seems to be the formula for a bad batman movie)

Freeze, Ivy, Bane was a pairing issue because they had too much going on in different directions. It was a writing. directing disaster (Though my kids and kids I taught LOVED it)

Talia/catwoman/bane was a train wreck

Pairing Penguin and Riddler for Gotham worked well because the type of storytelling for TV is different.

that is just Batman. other hero film pairings...

lex luthor/Zod - superman needed a bigger challenge. it worked

lex luthor/doomsday - can we agree it was the casting/script.acting/directing of luthor that was the problem -not the pairing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Catwoman can work because she's usually also the love interest/anti-heroine. But I think pairings--in an "event" film as opposed to comics/tv--are a bit lazy.

Comment

• The Bat
                                Batman Fanatic
                                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                                My personal vote would’ve been for Scott Eastwood
                                Personally, I'm hoping he will be Wolverine!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎