X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Twilight Batman

From Batfleck...to Patman. Twilight star Robert Pattinson is in talks to play Batman for Matt Reeves in his upcoming film, The Batman.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

This was rumored quite some time ago. I said then, and still believe, he will be a good batman (assuming the script is good)

https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-batman-june-2021-release-date-ben-affleck-not-starring-1202545821/ EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June 25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeves has been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight?s
    Last edited by Brue; May 16, '19, 8:46 PM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Every time Batman is recast ...starting with Keaton ...there has been fan uproar. The only actor offhand I can think of that nobody complained about before seeing the movie was Clooney and that turned out so well... Pattinson is a decent actor and will more than likely be fine.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Really hate blind links. Maybe 2 or 3 words to tell us what we are clicking into. Like Robert Pattinson might be Batman OMFG... Just something.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Good grief.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            Really hate blind links. Maybe 2 or 3 words to tell us what we are clicking into. Like Robert Pattinson might be Batman OMFG... Just something.
            I too hate blind links. And I don't click them. But this thread was titled Twilight Batman and the link says pattison in it.

PS I agree with your casting assessment.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              Sorry. I was interested in getting folks' reactions without the influence of my editorializing. But you make a fair point... and I could still have provided a little more context without having to comment on my thoughts on the casting. I will remember this for next time.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

well, it will be interesting to see what they do. I will withhold judgment until I see it

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

In other news, old man yells at cloud.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 29, 2018

i realize that may have been ambiguous. That was me recognizing I am cranky today.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

My first reaction to the headline was shock... but then I caught myself remembering that was the same reaction when Keaton was cast. I'm going to give the guy a chance. I like the idea of a thin, but fit, young Batman.

Hating on Twilight movies is so... boring. There were lots of people who enjoyed them, and that's just fine.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Pattinson is a good actor. You can't hold a questionable series of films against him, and they are honestly not as bad as most think. Not great, but I've sat through far worse. My wife was a fan, but she was kind of shamed into NOT being one, which really isn't right.

Pattinson may have the squarest jaw of any Batman yet, which is one of the classical visual cues for the character.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

He's proven himself a decent actor in non-Twilight films nobody saw.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                            He's proven himself a decent actor in non-Twilight films nobody saw.
                            I don't know if I have seen him in anything else. I din't hate or like Twilight. I was not the target audience for Twilight. Even so, I think he is a fine choice for Batman.

As many here and FB have pointed out, it is hard to tell who will be a great Superhero/villain cast. In the end I think it comes down to factors outside the actor that makes it work or fail.
                            Order of importance:
                            1. Good writing. Story, Script, Dialogue
                            2. Good writing. Story, Script, Dialogue
                            3. Good writing. Story, Script, Dialogue
                            4. Feel: Directing. Editing. Music
                            5. Production: Effects, Props, Locations, Make up, costumes, Filming.
                            6. Actor.

Things that don't matter about actors:

Types of roles they previously played.
                            Skin Color
                            Bust size
                            Etnicity/religion
                            etc.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Pattinson is a good actor. You can't hold a questionable series of films against him, and they are honestly not as bad as most think. Not great, but I've sat through far worse. My wife was a fan, but she was kind of shamed into NOT being one, which really isn't right.

Pattinson may have the squarest jaw of any Batman yet, which is one of the classical visual cues for the character.

Chris
                              Ha. I thought the same thing regarding the jaw. Whenever someone is cast as the new Batman, the first thing I do is look at the jaw.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎