X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Amazing Estate Sale

This was posted on FB, but I thought the crew here would like it.

It's obviously Mego-related, but it's more than that. It's an amazing estate and makes sense this would be in Plymouth. The entire house is the embodiment of American history. I would have loved to walk through this before it's plundered. It almost a museum to 20th century US in itself.

View information about this sale in Plymouth, MA. The sale starts Sunday, May 19. It is being run by Best Rate Cleanouts & Estate Sales.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

wow. lots of treasure there. I have never seen a sale listed with so many photos

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Does anyone know anything about the robots pictured on pic 61 down from the top on the right side? They really hit my memory button for some reason.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Tim,
        Do you mean these?

That would be Mattel's Shogun Warriors Mazinga and Gaiking. These are the 2-foot tall figures that shot missiles and their fists (note Mazinga missing a fist). Awesome toys!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

My bad, I should have posted the pic. Anyway here's a pic of them. They're the ones with the green bodies.

Comment

• jimbutsu
            Memory *is* RAM!
            • Apr 11, 2002

The Ding-A-Lings!

No, I'm not kidding, that's what they are... kind of a neat/novel little toy form times long gone that seems to have a small but loyal following.
            "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

I have a vague memory of a Boxer robot complete with a black eye and another who I think had a jack hammer. I don't even remember where I came across them but they were pretty cool even without the track.

Here's a link to what looks like a company pitch to retailers.

Last edited by Wee67; May 16, '19, 5:35 PM.
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Thanks for the help guys! Once I saw the track they're riding on it really brought back a ton of memories! So cool!

Comment

• shazam7208
                  Career Member
                  • Oct 28, 2008

Amazing collections!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

Amazing, and a little sad at the same time. Someone has spent a lifetime amassing the things that brought them joy and now it will all be dispersed to new homes. As it should be I suppose.

Last year I walked through the house of a local man who had passed and his kids were getting rid of all his stuff. A lot of Carl Barks signed prints, IP lunch boxes, old toys, tools, albums, etc... he and I had some similar interests. It made me start thinking about what will become of my stuff should I leave this world unexpectedly. My daughters have no idea about the value of most of it. Comic books... Megos... other old toys, movie posters and memorabilia, Dr Who stuff, D&D minis, etc... they will probably put the bibliography copy of Seduction of the Innocent in a yard sale for a dollar.

I’m sure that whoever this estate belonged to would like to have one more day to walk through the house with his next of kin and tell them about the gems that are hidden amidst it all.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎