Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Came First For You- Comics or TV?

For myself it was TV, 66 Batman, Adventures of Superman and Tarzan (Weissmuller movies)

Images
    from my earliest memories...both!

I remember watching TV when I was like four or five. My first memories of comic books wasn’t until age 8 or so.

Images
    I think the images brought me in whether they were on TV, comics (I know I couldn’t read the comics, at first) or toys.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Blog Entries
    TV. All the cartoons and live action superheroes and even characters like Casper, Popeye, Disney etc let me to comics.

Actually, it was video games. I enjoyed playing Injustice with my brother and Scribblenauts Unmasked got me set for life on the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Batman '66
    Spider-Man '67
    Space Ghost
    Adventures of Superman and Filmation Superman

...all the reruns of those before I could read got me started on superheroes, for sure.
    How about BIIIIIIIRDMAN?
    "Destroy Avenger!" ~ Birdman, hypnotized

I am one of those I just cannot remember what sparked my interest. I was born in 1971 and my Mother was a school teacher/librarian so I was reading early at an early age. The earliest memory I recall about super-heroes was when I was in kindergarten I had The Bat Halloween costume (yeah nobody can tell me why I had The Bat instead of Batman). I remember watching reruns of Superman 55, Batman 66, and then Wonder Woman, Hulk, Spider-Man and Superfriends growing up, reading comic books and playing Megos at an early age.

So comic book Super-Heroes have been intertwined into my life and it is not going away by now.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Blog Entries
    I vividle recall watching the Filmation Batman cartoon when I was two. I became very smitten with Batgirl, this was well before i could read.

It was definitely TV for me. My earliest memories are of Looney Tunes and Superfriends. At some point early on, I realized there were also comics of those characters. Both were pretty early. The first word I learned to read was “Hulk”.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    It was definitely TV for me. My earliest memories are of Looney Tunes and Superfriends. At some point early on, I realized there were also comics of those characters. Both were pretty early. The first word I learned to read was “Hulk”.
    Was the second word "smash"?