Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Came First For You- Comics or TV?

Images
    It's hard for me to be 100% sure on this, but I'd guess for Superheroes, TV came first. I'm pretty sure my world of comics before "Super Friends" or possibly some Filmation re-runs would have been made up of what were referred to as "funny books". (Gold Key Looney Tunes, Harvey Comics, Archie, etc.)

Comic books.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Batman '66 and cartoons: First Filmation, then Super-friends, Spidey. I did not have comics until I bought them myself with my allowance, around age 10 (1977).
    Last edited by PNGwynne; May 16, '19 at 7:21 PM.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I'm pretty sure the 60s spiderman cartoon introduced me to the character before comics.

Images
    Same here. It definitely started with the animated Spider-Man... and then other TV like Batman '66 and Super Friends...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by knight errant00 View Post
    Batman '66
    Spider-Man '67
    Space Ghost
    Adventures of Superman and Filmation Superman

...all the reruns of those before I could read got me started on superheroes, for sure.
    Pretty much all of the above, starting with Batman '66 and Spider-Man '67. First comic was Amazing Spider-Man #123, followed by a bunch of DC comics soon after. But TV got it's hooks into me first!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Images
    I forgot to list my early influences. These are VERY early, as I can not remember a time when I didn't know of them:

Batman '66
    Super Friends
    Spider-Man '67
    The Adventures of Superman
    Shazam/Isis
    Spider-Man on the Electric Company

Oddly enough I didn't see the 60s Filmation cartoons until the Super Powers VHS compilations hit in 1984. I saw the Sesame Street clips, and that was it. I did watch the 7os Batman series when it came around.
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    TV for sure...Comic Books were a way to extend the TV Universe of Stories (for me)...though I was a Book Worm in School.

The tables started to flip around the age of 9 (for me) when the Books started to dominate over My TV viewing.
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Images
    Superfriends preceeded my first comics.

Well, as a baby, my mom went and watched Batman, in color, at a friend's house. I was there, but was I watching? We didn't watch a lot of tv at my house, so I'm sure that comics were the main introduction to superheroes. I had access to a lot of comics but not really a television.