Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAXx FX Alien prototype

Very Cool !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    was Freddy the only one to make it to market?
    Yep, sadly that was it, Maxx with the Freddy suit box set is all we saw.

I like the bulky, clunky look of the figure (a necessity as it is a costume) it makes it looks quite different from other Alien "Big Chap" figures.

Thanks everyone. I collect Alien prototype toys, and this is one that I absolutely love. I love the story behind him. And I love his look. I got to know Mel quite well also, which makes me appreciate the piece, and the unproduced line, as a whole, that much more. He's an incredible gentleman.
    Last edited by Steve Evets Reywd; May 15, '19 at 7:54 PM.

Images
    Wow! That is so sweet!!!

Images
    It is super cool!

I sent you a PM by the way.

WOW! I don't know Mel but his stuff is amazing!!!!!!! I remember my boss coming back from Toyfair and talking about his awesome Max FX presentation I was really excited and had planned on buying it all. Things didn't go that way but love that the prototypes are safe and sound! The Creature is my all time fave!!! Congrats on such a wonderful piece of art and history! I like the display too!

I should probably include Mel's incredible website, explaining about the line. All the characters were pretty awesome : )
    http://melbirnkrant.com/maxxfx/
    Last edited by Steve Evets Reywd; May 18, '19 at 9:37 PM.

The video has a big mistake in the first few moments. He says they were an 8" line, when they were the body size one up from that. They were on the 9 1/2" body. Eight inches would have been better for customs!

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    The video has a big mistake in the first few moments. He says they were an 8" line, when they were the body size one up from that. They were on the 9 1/2" body. Eight inches would have been better for customs!
    Yup, you are correct. Matchbox made that decision. If Mel would have had his way, they would have been on the 11" GI Joe bodies.