X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Where do you have books signed?

I personally am not a fan of having a book signed on the cover. IMHO it takes away from the artwork. I am also not the type that will sell a book I get signed...Although I have in the past sold graded books with signatures. My rule of thumb is 2 fold:

1) Cover is done by an artist that is NOT the artist inside...then yeah I will get the book signed on the cover by the artist that did the cover

2) Creator/Writer/Artist/Inker creds for the interior of the book...then I get the book signed on the 1st available page where there is room for signatures and a dedication. 95% of my books in my collection that are signed inside are personalized to me.

What are your thoughts on signatures on comics? Thanks.
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

**DITTO**
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

I have had a few books signed, specifically the Kiss members books. I prefer inside over the cover. Ace signed the cover , but also signed it beautifully.
      I have a Batman tv episode guide book that I am lucky enough to have signed by Adam West, Burt Ward, Frank Gorshin,
      Julie Newmar, and recently Lee Meriwether. I asked them to look through the book and sign where they found a picture they liked. They all did with the exception of Adam.
      He was the first to sign it back in 89, and I didn’t think to ask him to find a picture in the book like I did when I met the others.
      Love that book
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• argent007
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 7, 2005

2D3FA731-45A3-41FD-803D-A467A9C874EB.jpg

I don’t have many signed comics. But, I go front cover with the plan to keep it. This is from Stan about 18 years ago before Wizard took over the big convention in Chicago.
        My Updated Want List:
        Comic book original art
        1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
        Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Brazoo
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 14, 2009

I don't have any valuable "floppies" signed, just a few random indie comics. I just let them sign wherever and whatever they want, they're just keepsakes for me.

I get quite a few of my trades or graphic novels (or whatever you'd want to call them) signed and the artists/writers tend to sign or draw on the first page or inside cover or wherever there's a bit of room — similar to what authors would do.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎