X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Micronauts Aliens

Meet Antron, Membros and Repto, the Mego Micronauts Aliens with Glow in the Dark brains. We talk about their development, background, appearances in Marvel comics. Please hit like and subscribe, we publish new toy content every week.

This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Who was the Cal (sp?) R&D company? This is the first I've hear of them and their involvement with Mego. Do you have any more info on them?

ALSO... when you say Mego asked for more "Western" looking toys, do you mean western as in hemisphere or western in terms of cowboys, etc.? I assume the former because of how the toys look but I was curious.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Great piece on the role of Cal R&D and the Micronauts:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
        Great piece on the role of Cal R&D and the Micronauts:

https://www.innerspaceonline.com/s710.htm
        Thanks!
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Series One aliens and Hornetroid were favorite childhood toys. I enjoyed this video a lot and also appreciated the other link.

I'd love to re-collect these, and also Series Two and Terraphant, but $$$.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm still not sure how Micronauts just passed me by as a kid. I was aware of the comic, but not really the toys.

This great video really makes me feel as if I was left out of something!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

They were extremely cool, and I wish more of the vehicles had been readily available. THe two we did see easily were amazing designs (did anyone else read the alien glyphs on the big elephant as "Owlwiffer"? What the heck would an owlwiffer be?). THe designs were the most unique looking aliens since Colroforms' Outer Space Men, and they fit into the micro-world perfectly. Also sad the revival in the 90's fell victim to bad QC; I would have loved a whole big set of all the aliens in Technicolor...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎