Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the Bat-Lab compare to the original?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

How does the Bat-Lab compare to the original?

Does anyone have both the Mego and FTC Bat-Lab vans? If so, how does the FTC van stack up?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Almost exactly the same, except that the front plate (where the grill would be on a normal van) is oval-shaped. The vintage original is bat-shaped.

I think FTC did a nice job on the vans, & they come with lots of vintage-style and original stickers.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

The plastic is so much beefier than the vintage vans.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
        Youngest Mego Fan
        • Aug 30, 2019

Does it cost less than the original? I'm thinking of getting the original. I'm going to get all the original DC figures and then buy the FTC for the characters Mego didn't make (like Black Vulcan.)
        FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

It runs around $100, so much less than vintage.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

I think the repro is now 60. Or it was.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Whew. Still 60 dollars. The front oval badge can be popped right off. Get a bat shaped halloween cookie cutter and roll out a quarter inch thick cookie of black polymer clay. Use cookie cutter and bake. You now have a really close version of the bat shield.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎