Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supergirl cape. How to place around the neck.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

Supergirl cape. How to place around the neck.

Just recently acquired an original Supergirl minus her Cape. Luckily I have also obtained an original cape, which arrived today.
    My question is, does the head have to be removed in order to attach the Cape around the figures neck, which must be the case, as it is not possible to fit it over her head. Does the head easily detach from the neck?
    Any tips? Thanks in advance
  • TheMegoGuy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 26, 2014

Originally posted by Jetjungle75
    Just recently acquired an original Supergirl minus her Cape. Luckily I have also obtained an original cape, which arrived today.
    My question is, does the head have to be removed in order to attach the Cape around the figures neck, which must be the case, as it is not possible to fit it over her head. Does the head easily detach from the neck?
    Any tips? Thanks in advance
    Yes, head needs to be removed to put the cape on. The female heads are not too difficult to remove and put back on, except sometimes the neck melt sticks to the hair.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by TheMegoGuy
      Yes, head needs to be removed to put the cape on. The female heads are not too difficult to remove and put back on, except sometimes the neck melt sticks to the hair.
      Thanks TheMegoGuy. Have now done it. Found it easier to gentle heat the are around the neck first with a hair dryer, then holding the neck, the head easily "popped" off, cape put on, then "popped" the head back on. No problems!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thank goodness you were careful--a hair dryer can easily melt the saran doll-hair.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎