X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 21: Alien Attack by Toyco

This week's episode is all about the Toyco Alien Attack playset from 1982, it's astronauts fighting the Colorforms Outer Space Men, what is not to love? Please like and subscribe to our channel to get a weekly toy-venture and other great stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwY...7FAzPvP8FPSgpg Music: Beneath the Surface South London HiFiFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

That's a pretty bare-bones set. Not even a couple of plastic spaceships or a moon buggy?
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, how cool is that! I guess Colorforms or Mel Birnkrant didn't notice this at the time?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Another good one, Brian. I loved the way you filmed and produced the presentation of the set when it was set up.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Thanks, it was such a pain in the butt to set up that I thought "Screw it, montage". I'm glad you dug it.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

This is the type of toy I disdained as a kid, but the reveal here is fascinating. I love the Colorforms KOs.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Never saw this as a kid, nor did I ever spot the actual Colorform Outer Space Men. All I ever found were the approximately 3 inch bendable Space Raiders knock-offs at Sears. For a short lived line, the OSM certainly inspired a lot of copycats, seemingly far more so than the much more successful Major Matt Mason line they were patterned after.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎