Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Retro collection review & pics.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myoldtoys
    Veteran Member
    • May 15, 2012

Great thread and pictures. I was able to get a set on Sunday. I went to Target when they opened and there was only 1 set left (?). They were not out on the shelf. Really pleased with them as most of you are. The card are a little flimsy, but everything else looks very good.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Everything but the board game is sold out online.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Myoldtoys
        I was able to get a set on Sunday.
        Oh, cool, glad to hear you were able to get a set.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

If they make a bunch of them later on, I can't decide what I'm for excited for- Retro The Empire Strikes Back or Retro Return of the Jedi!

Must-have list might include-

Hoth Stormtrooper
          Admiral Ackbar!
          Emperor's Royal Guard

All Luke, Leia and Han and go from there, plus the ones I never had.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

They could potentially go really deep with these. There's all kinds of unmade characters plus the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. That would be awesome. But realistically I just hope they finish the original 12.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Myoldtoys
              Veteran Member
              • May 15, 2012

I think they should make retro collection versions of the last 17 figures. That's about the only way I would ever get them. I collect loose figures. Even the loose ones are ridiculously priced. Couple of years ago I took my daughter to the vintage toy store. I was looking at a loose Luke stormtrooper. He was a $150 at the time. They also had a 50lb container of Lego that i negotiated to $150. I asked my daughter which one she thought was the better deal. One small action figure or 50lbs of Lego. We got the Lego.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                Veteran Member
                • May 15, 2012

I stopped by a local Target today. They had the Father's Day promotion shelves up in the men's department. You would have to really be looking to notice. On the backside of the shelf were 3 hanger pegs. 1 for the exclusive black series Luke, 1 for the vintage collection Han Stormtrooper, and 1 peg for the Retro collection. The Luke peg had one figure, the Han Stormtrooper had 2 figures, and the lone retro collection was empty. Pretty sad display.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

very nostalgic. thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Tarkin with his closest vintage counterpart.

retrotarkin.JPG

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

That really is an excellent little figure, I'd have been over the moon for it, age 10.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

That's a great picture. Thank you for posting it. They finally made Tarkin right.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Tarkin is really nice and I didn't even think the POTF2 one was all that bad. I quite liked it at the time. This one is way better of course.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Tarkin is super-cool!

Now, a company needs to use that head so they can make a Van Helsing and a Doctor Frankenstein!

An action figure of Peter Cushing wearing a red and black smoking jacket wouldn't be half bad either!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

I picked up the game with Tarkin today. I haven’t opened it yet, but is he on a card inside the box or loose? Just curious, I imagine I’ll open it eventually.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                                Career Member
                                • Jan 13, 2009

He's on the card inside the box.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎