Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

This series has been fantastic! They couldn’t have been more respectful to the comic. And, much like the comic, it had an ending! It was very well done.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
      valar morghulis
      • Mar 8, 2005

Easily the best series of 2019.

Btw if you're like me, you just assumed that the race events that took place in Tulsa and played an integral role in the Watchmen plot were a work of fiction, as I had never heard of them. Then I just happened to see this story, and I couldn't believe that it's all true. Simply incredible..

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Stayed up late last night and took it all in, really satisfying television.

MILD
        SPOILER
        MILD
        SPOILER
        MILD
        SPOILER
        SPOILER

While I'm not the king of Easter Eggs, one thing I wanted to point out that i find interesting is that Angela bases her Super Hero character on what appears to be a 70s Blacksploitation film. (echoing her grandfather basing his alter ego on a black film character)

However, what I find very interesting now considering the series ending, is that her last name is actually from a very real 1970s blacksploitation superhero film:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

I bailed after the first/second episode, but had been recording it. I started watching it again and it has pulled me in. I have two more left to watch.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
            Stayed up late last night and took it all in, really satisfying television.

MILD
            SPOILER
            MILD
            SPOILER
            MILD
            SPOILER
            SPOILER

While I'm not the king of Easter Eggs, one thing I wanted to point out that i find interesting is that Angela bases her Super Hero character on what appears to be a 70s Blacksploitation film. (echoing her grandfather basing his alter ego on a black film character)

However, what I find very interesting now considering the series ending, is that her last name is actually from a very real 1970s blacksploitation superhero film:

YES!! I saw that on one of those YouTube Easter egg videos and I had heard of Abar and was annoyed at myself for not putting that together.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              YES!! I saw that on one of those YouTube Easter egg videos and I had heard of Abar and was annoyed at myself for not putting that together.
              I noticed it in the first episode but didn't think it held any significance until I saw the last episode and then thought "Oh maybe that was intentional"

Abar was on YouTube and it's worth a watch, it's especially telling how Godlike Abar becomes.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

I liked it. But the best series right now is The Expanse. This is of course my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I love them both, but, wow... what this Watchmen season pulled off was incredible. It was respectful to the original comics and characters, while it introduced new characters and took the story in new and unexpected directions. All of these franchise reboots/reimaginings could learn a lot from Watchmen.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i decided to give it a shot last night after reading all these great reviews. watched the first 2. I am not hooked yet but at least interested enough to watch more

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      i decided to give it a shot last night after reading all these great reviews. watched the first 2. I am not hooked yet but at least interested enough to watch more
                      I said the same thing then finally jumped back in. It gets better.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

It sounds like it will be one season and done for Watchmen.

HBO's 'Watchmen' won acclaim (and ratings), but creator Damon Lindelof says he isn't interested in a second season, and so neither is HBO.

This was always described as a limited series. Even with its "cliffhanger", I think it ends at a satisfying conclusion. Nonetheless, I'm disappointed. It may have been the best show of 2019.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

well that's a shame. a second season would have been cool

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I just got HBO Max recently and watched Watchmen. Wow! Its great. I can't believe how topical it was watching it now with the BLM protests and wearing masks in the news.

Hopefully with all the Emmy nominations they will reconsider a second season.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎