Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I dig the episode. It’s rich with Easter eggs. I feel like I need to watch it again.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

on the fence with this for now ,but the tulsa riots at the beginning and the parallels with the destruction of krypton re told the rescue of kal el and kara nicely i thought

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Enjoyed! C'mon, book and movie homage within a new telling filled with good ol' US madness… seems like intriguing TV to me especially since The [hilarious!] Righteous Gemstones just ended. :P

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
          Enjoyed! C'mon, book and movie homage within a new telling filled with good ol' US madness… seems like intriguing TV to me especially since The [hilarious!] Righteous Gemstones just ended. :P
          I watched it and enjoyed parts of it, but it isn't clicking with me yet. Now Righteous Gemstones was amazing! I'm glad it has a 2nd season coming.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Me too!… I'm not sure I've chuckled, laughed, and snorted that consistently at any other show prior. Jeezuzzz!, from "stole it fair and square" to Baby Billy's hallelujah-sex-murder ride, I could cry.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
              ^^ Me too!… I'm not sure I've chuckled, laughed, and snorted that consistently at any other show prior. Jeezuzzz!, from "stole it fair and square" to Baby Billy's hallelujah-sex-murder ride, I could cry.
              Not to derail the Watchmen thread, but I love Baby Billy!

Misbehavin'!

Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• wise guy
                Career Member
                • Dec 29, 2014

The second episode was worse than the first and now I know that tick tock means, it's only 60 minutes hang in there. This is not the Watchmen of the book and it made me wish for commercials. The Hangman tv part was how this whole series should be .
                Why does the Rorschach mask look like Mr. Wrestling number 2 from the old NWA?
                Last edited by wise guy; Oct 28, '19, 8:46 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I didn't even give it a second try.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I’m not with any of you. I’m really enjoying Watchmen. Episode 3 they start really tying it in with the comic.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I just can't watch the extreme racist nonsense. Let's try and rekindle race problems in today's political climate...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Yeah, if that bothers you, you’re probably better off skipping it.

For me, I can’t get enough of the continuation of the timeline. I hope the story doesn’t fall off.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

Using Rorschach mask as the symbol of racism is the problem for me like using Batmans mask. Rorschach was a favorite for those that read the book. Easter eggs is a lame way to touch upon the source without including it . I have been trying to watch it but
                          find it really boring .

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Rorsharch was always an extreme right wing, Alex Jones-esque conspiracy character in the comics so it makes sense that his published diary would inspire the people who weren’t benefiting under the liberal policies of President Redford.

Have you seen ep3? They use the source material way more than just Easter eggs. I mean, if you don’t like it, you don’t like it. But I LOVE it!!!

I’m realizing it’s not easy to write about the show and keep my post non-political or at least kind of non-political.

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Things have been busy, but I intend to binge watch this at some point.

Watchmen has always had politics front and center. And the idea of a beloved hero being co-opted as a symbol of evil seems like a very Watchmen-esque premise.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

All this chatter made me check it out, even though I still haven't finished "Doom Patrol" yet.

I think it's really interesting, a Watchman series should not be a feel-good thing, we may be now comfortable with the original story but it was bleak and made us face some hard truths about humanity. This seems like it's going for that effect and it felt right to me.

It's true that Rorshak was not a racist but it's human nature to twist people's works to your own advantage/narrative, that's a great metaphor. It's layered in so much irony actually, especially as a follower of Objectivism, Rorshak would see the world in "black vs white", just not in this way.

I'm seriously in.

Also, I haven't enjoyed Tim Blake Nelson in a serious role before, so that's interesting.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎