Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New HBO "Watchmen" Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    All this chatter made me check it out, even though I still haven't finished "Doom Patrol" yet.

I think it's really interesting, a Watchman series should not be a feel-good thing, we may be now comfortable with the original story but it was bleak and made us face some hard truths about humanity. This seems like it's going for that effect and it felt right to me.

It's true that Rorshak was not a racist but it's human nature to twist people's works to your own advantage/narrative, that's a great metaphor. It's layered in so much irony actually, especially as a follower of Objectivism, Rorshak would see the world in "black vs white", just not in this way.

I'm seriously in.

Also, I haven't enjoyed Tim Blake Nelson in a serious role before, so that's interesting.
    I was confused in the first episode about the Rorshach thing but with more episodes I got it. Reading his quotes and diary entries from the comics makes it clear why this group has latched on to his ideals. I’ll leave it at that.

I’m glad the back and forth here made you curious to watch it Brian!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

After a slow start...episode three was really good.

I can’t wait to see the big blue dude!

^^ … and he's got quite an interesting line of *merchandise* on Earth.

Really enjoying the ride, and simultaneously reading the book for the first virgin-time. No complaints from me as my intro to the Watchmen was the movie. In my mind all three are working together to tell a larger tale through the differing experiences/opinions/philosophies of the characters.

Episode 3 was a lot better so lets see where this goes. I am still willing to watch all 9 episodes.

Images
    I’ve never read the comics and barely remember the movie, but I’ve enjoyed the show thus far regardless. It’s been a pleasant surprise, considering Damon Lindelof is the creative force behind the show, someone I’m often disappointed by..

But how can you not like a show with Don Johnson, Lou Gossett Jr, and Jeremy Irons?
    Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Nov 7, '19 at 12:41 AM.

Images
    I've intentionally stayed away from this thread because I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Now that I've watched 3 episodes, I can definitely say I am in.

Admittedly, the first episode was a bit slow and dark, but I think that does play with the tone of the original. I also had a gut reaction to Rorschach being the inspiration for racists as I liked the character. Once I processed and realized his far-right leanings, it did make sense that he could be twisted into this. Once I let the series breathe a bit, I fell into it more deeply. I like that is dealing with a darker social issue. Its a different issue than the original, but a difficult issue to look at nonetheless.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Images
    I binge watched the first 4 on Monday. Really enjoying the ride so far.

And I gotta say... how great is Jean Smart! Between Legion and this, she has been killing it lately with these comic book shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    I binge watched the first 4 on Monday. Really enjoying the ride so far.

And I gotta say... how great is Jean Smart! Between Legion and this, she has been killing it lately with these comic book shows.
    Jean Smart is fantastic!! I finally got to see ep4 and the series has me so intrigued right now!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Blog Entries
    Crap is four out there? I had no idea when this show airs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Crap is four out there? I had no idea when this show airs.
    Sundays at 9pm