X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Are You Seeing Less Megos At Target?

I know Target still lists Megos on their website, but are you seeing less on the shelves? One of the stores near me never got any after Wave 1 and a second store that did get later figures has not refilled any in months. I'm wondering if now that their exclusivity has ended, will Target relegate Megos to their website?

I have ordered Megos online, but I still get a geeky charge out of buying them from a store.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

Each of the stores in my area got Wave 1, but not much after that. To this day, they still have the same pegwarmers. They haven't taken away the shelf space yet, but they certainly haven't restocked. I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before they clearance them or relegate them to online sales.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

I just keep seeing the same figures at my local Target and there aren't that many of them. It's been a long time since they had anything new.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

it got so bad at the four Targets within 50 miles of my house - that I simply stopped going. If my wife or kids stroll in there, they usually peek for me and send really sad pics of the same stuff on the pegs as six months ago (or more).
        I got so aggravated wanting new Mego, that I got my tax ID for sole proprietorship and am buying from L2P.

But boy, it sure was freaking neat to see that first end cap, build relationships with Target staff..."represent" for the cause....and then the end caps went away.....and you know the rest.

Comment

• OCSuperman
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 4, 2014

I'm in Orange County near Disneyland ... local Targets have about two pegs of figures and mostly waves 1 & 2. No 2 packs or 14" figures to speak of.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I haven't been to a Target in a while, because they got nothing new and I got tired of spending the money to see the wave one and two stuff that nobody wants. Taking the bus and train, spending hours just traveling, it really wore me down. I resorted to buying online, and now that's just how it is. I'd rather buy them at a store, but there aren't very many options that I know of.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

I like to stop at Target on the way to work.its true not much lately.however did find a farrah.and sometimes see a figure or 2 here and there that you don't see often..and think geek at clackmas near Target has the new monsters and trek.i do buy on line but prefer real stores.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

My Target story was pretty much the same as the others here, until a few weeks ago when I found "new" figures, like the original Face of the Screaming Werewolf. I'm guessing there was just a case in the back that went unstocked for a bit. Now it's back to the same old pegwarmers.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• onesixthscale
                  • Mar 23, 2019

I have seen nothing new in at least a month. Even at that, only ONE Target of 4 or 5 I check had Monroe and Ali which must have sold out immediately. The rest is Charlie's Angels, Facts of Life, Wizard of Oz Lion, the usual suspects, and some two packs that have been there for months.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

There is something nostalgic about seeing Mego pegwarmers hanging around though. I remember seeing the same Human Torch in Circus World through a good part of the 80s.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

My local target is within walking distance, so don't need to fight for a parking space, so I was very excited to know they would be selling the new megos.

Well I never saw wave 1, had wave 2, but currently it's the same for me like the rest at target, the same peg-warmers
                      for the last 3 months, mostly females although not much plus one Greg and one Ritchie.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I was surprised I saw Farrah on the pegs today.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

My Target has had the exact same Megos since Thanksgiving. No Spock, no Kirk or anything after that wave.

Mego Meet will be the first time I see any of the last few waves in person.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

^^^^

What Scott said. Still don't understand the point of lowering the price for a week and then bringing the price back up again. Just be done with it at $6 a figure and get the new stuff from Mego on the peg hooks. I keep saying it...but it was a failed business model for Toys R Us and will kill any progress for Target if the truly want to fill the void of Toys R Us buyers/shoppers.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

To my surprise, one of my local Targets had a fresh case of wave 2 Frankenstein’s and Gorns on the pegs yesterday. Things are moving I guess and I admit I don’t keep track of how many FOL or Angels figures there are week to week.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎