Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

...and let me point list a ton of positive things before I start getting called a hater...

I greatly enjoyed Endgame. My first trip to the movie theater in a long time. Actually, the last time I went to the movies prior to Endgame was none other than Infinity War.

So right there proves I like the Avengers movies.

Aside from the my normal temper tantrums at seeing superheroes remove their masks/helmets every chance they get...I still immensely enjoyed the movie.

I love the gathering of the female superheroes.

I love the non-super-powered superheroes like Black Widow and Hawkeye.

I don’t even hate Captain Marvel, just her annoying persona irritates me a tad...but obviously her powers are amazing.

Fat/drunken Thor was a surprising nice touch...just wished he had displayed more baddarzeness.

Love how Nebula and Scott Lang were so integral and important part of the whole saga.

Love the heroics of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers.

I have only one major gripe, and damn it, I’m entitled to criticize and hate on that lone aspect, I have the right to say so...and I’ll stick to my guns...

PROFESSOR HULK SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
      All the female heroes lining up was cool, reminded me of this book.

Nothing "PC" about giving one tiny scene to celebrate the female characters.
      Honestly didn't think of that book but it's a great example.

I just thought, how cool for young girls or boys who identify with or like the female superheroes, to get a scene showing them all lined up like action figures. I don't have data, but I imagine a good portion of the box office on these films is from females, and I think if I were a 10 year old girl, that would be a really exciting scene for me to project onto.

We want girls to like comics and genre culture right? Or are we still not letting Darla into Spanky's clubhouse?

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
        I’m basically hating on ONE lone character. Basically all the Avengers are being spared by me, so calm down, lol.
        Maybe I don't know you, but I don't appreciate your tone, despite the "lol" at the end of your rebuke. I don't like being told to "calm down". You are the one firing off rants in capital letters, and encouraging a "come at me" style response from the other members of this forum.

I guess if it's your way of being playful and kidding, well, alright.

But you could be a little nicer.

What sentence or comment of my post suggested anything but calmness? I'd rather celebrate things I like rather than waste time on things I don't. But that's me.

You're more than welcome to criticize whatever you want. But it won't change the film, and it's my personal belief that the internet and our modern culture in general would be so much more fun if people took time to smell the roses and not bang the drum of how filmmakers wronged them.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Seems that every time I criticize something you like (like the Phantom Menace), you get defensive and opinionated yourself.

I’m not perfect...you are not perfect.

Don’t like my posts, ignore me.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Anyway. I hope to gawd Mark Ruffalo is forever done being Bruce Banner.

Time for a new Banner actor...time for a truly awesome and baddarze Hulk.
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hedji
              We want girls to like comics and genre culture right? Or are we still not letting Darla into Spanky's clubhouse?
              To be cynical, it's just good business, they outnumber us, getting women into comics doubles everything.

I am also copacetic with opening up the clubhouse doors, it kind of smells in here.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Seems that every time I criticize something you like (like the Phantom Menace), you get defensive and opinionated yourself.

I’m not perfect...you are not perfect.

Don’t like my posts, ignore me.
                I don't like to put anyone on ignore. I like to help cultivate a forum people want to participate in. Search through post history if you need to, but I think you'll find a lot of times I complimented your ALIEN merchandise, or congratulated you on your weight loss and exercise.

My golden rule is you'll never change anyone's mind... not on an Internet forum or in real life. But I'm sure I'm not alone in not liking being told to "calm down". You'll likely never apologize or admit that's an antagonistic way of interacting with people who share more likes with you than differences. But that won't stop me from trying.

And you're right, I am definitely NOT perfect. But I hope maybe I can sometimes lead by example with positivity round these parts.

Maybe we're all in agreement that we are all very lucky to have such First World Problems as the Russo Brothers getting a character wrong.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

You are taking this “calm down” comment of mine way too seriously. It was done in jest, you even suspected as much.

But I appreciate you positively commenting on my love for ALIEN and on my weight loss journey.

Much appreciated.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

...and I did post positive things about the Phantom Menace...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

...and I did post positive things about the Phantom Menace...

And that was appreciated too... as that thread was an "Appreciation Thread", which is, to my thinking, conceived with a different purpose than a "Criticism and Complaint Thread".

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

You are taking this “calm down” comment of mine way too seriously.

Whoops! Looks like some of my Phantom Menace thread contaminated your thread!

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

But I appreciate you positively commenting on my love for ALIEN and on my weight loss journey.

Much appreciated.

I'm glad you're glad. It feels good to get along, doesn't it? I always try to remember that tone and intent is difficult to type, and there are real people on the receiving end.

The Mego Museum is a good place. It deserves good stewards to ensure that it remains pleasant and retains membership.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I couldn’t help myself in the beginning of the Phantom Menace thread...

But quickly realized my error...and posted a positive list...

I can be quite biased myself. I blindly love all the Alien-themed movies, even Covenant and Alien vs Predator...

Last edited by Hector; May 12, '19, 5:26 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Whoops! Looks like some of my Phantom Menace thread contaminated your thread!

sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 22, 2011

Honestly didn't think of that book but it's a great example.

I just thought, how cool for young girls or boys who identify with or like the female superheroes, to get a scene showing them all lined up like action figures. I don't have data, but I imagine a good portion of the box office on these films is from females, and I think if I were a 10 year old girl, that would be a really exciting scene for me to project onto.

You might not believe how many Captain Marvel's I saw at Comicpalooza this weekend. Really good costumes too. There were many more female characters represented too.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎