Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

At what point did Black Widow even become an Avenger in the books? I never saw it, and Wasp was a founder, and has more time in grade, plus she has a more badass looking costume than BW. BW is more spy anyway, and long overdue for a solo. Hawkeye and SHIELD can make appearances in it. Scarlet Witch NEEDS her costume! I saw a great comic accurate SW at Comicpalooza today. If a fan can do it, why can't Disney/Marvel?

CCC.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I've always loved the Wasp. She was certainly the more formidable of the duo until Hank wigged out and became Yellowjacket.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Does there have to be a lamest character? I mean, sure we have characters we like more than others, but obviously they can't all be as important as the core 2. I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I really got a kick out of seeing Banner interact with the children in the diner, and offer Ant-Man fresh tacos as a gesture of kindness.

Charm, you guys... you know, the old style charm for which legends like Christopher Reeve are revered.

For adults living in an age and world that brings our wildest childhood comic fantasies to life, we sometimes sound a wee bit ungrateful and misguided in our nitpicks. EndGame wasn't perfect, but I sure was happy I got my money's worth.

I'm sure no one cares, but count me among those who was happy to see the scene with all the female heroes lining up. What a cool testament to what has been achieved.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Amen, Hedji. Well said.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I take back my original comment. I now realize, Captain Marvel isn't an Avenger! She was just a guest appearance in the movie.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Yes, there has to be a lamest member...nothing is perfect.

We are talking about fictional comic book characters, we are not dissing on each other’s parents, lol.

I love the Wasp though, she’s a baddarze...and Evangeline Lilly rules.

I also dig Black Widow, she’s a complex character.

Hawkeye might be the weakest, but he’s not lame. He’s pretty cool and loved his family storyline.

But sorry, Professor Hulk was lame. I don’t want him feeding bloody damn tacos to Scott Lang. I want my Hulk to smash things in a damn rage...with power and conviction.

I’m basically hating on ONE lone character. Basically all the Avengers are being spared by me, so calm down, lol.

Professor Hulk sucks major arze.
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                Charm, you guys... you know, the old style charm for which legends like Christopher Reeve are revered.

I'm sure no one cares, but count me among those who was happy to see the scene with all the female heroes lining up. What a cool testament to what has been achieved.
                The Hulk is NOT Superman...and should never be.

I had no problem with all the female superheroes lining up...I thought that was cool too.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Professor Hulk would’ve been a lot less lamer with a proper Hulk face...not that stupid Mark Ruffalo face.

These damn actors with their perpetual vanity.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
                    For adults living in an age and world that brings our wildest childhood comic fantasies to life, we sometimes sound a wee bit ungrateful and misguided in our nitpicks. EndGame wasn't perfect, but I sure was happy I got my money's worth.
                    You mean filmmakers and actors should be grateful you and I fork out $20 a pop for one viewing...it’s the reason they have millions and live in massive mansions.

Sure, I appreciate art, but we also have the right to criticize such art.
                    sigpic

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                      I take back my original comment. I now realize, Captain Marvel isn't an Avenger! She was just a guest appearance in the movie.
                      She was a member in the books by virtue of her time as Warbird which was cut out in the MCU storyline like it never happened, so no, she is not in the MCU. I think I recall reading that she was suspended or kicked out for a while after I stopped reading.

CCC.
                      Last edited by LordMudd; May 12, '19, 3:09 PM.

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                        You mean filmmakers and actors should be grateful you and I fork out $20 a pop for one viewing...it’s the reason they have millions and live in massive mansions.

Sure, I appreciate art, but we also have the right to criticize such art.
                        I talked with John Wesley Shipp on Friday about his Flash series and he agreed that the Rogues should have been in costumes like us geeks want to see, instead of black trenchcoats. Adherence to the source material is a good thing.

CCC.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

All the female heroes lining up was cool, reminded me of this book.

Nothing "PC" about giving one tiny scene to celebrate the female characters.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Agreed ^^^^^^^
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LordMudd
                              I talked with John Wesley Shipp on Friday about his Flash series and he agreed that the Rogues should have been in costumes like us geeks want to see, instead of black trenchcoats. Adherence to the source material is a good thing.

CCC.
                              Exactly.

Sure, we appreciate our childhood superheroes come to life on screen...but that doesn’t mean we should accept anything they throw at us. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been annoyed and frustrated seeing these heroes take their damn masks and helmets off to show their faces every/any chance they get, arghhh...it’s so aggravating. Heck, Captain America no longer even bothers wearing one...and many just shrug it off and are fine by that. Well, not me. I’m bringing down the wrath on all things that annoy and frustrate me, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Thats why I was cheering and rooting for past Captain America vs present day Captain America. I had to go for the masked one...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎