Lamest on screen Avenger nowadays?

Good grief...

Weak, lame, stupid, pointless, boring.

Retire this green mockery already...

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I think Lou Ferrigno’s Hulk was stronger than this lame Mark Ruffalo Hulk version.

Talk about major vanity. Ruffalo; “I want the Hulk to look just like me”

***vomit***
    sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Captain Marvel for lamest...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Captain who?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I think that is intentional. I assume that Endgame is the last we will see of the Hulk in any meaningful capacity.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Nothing but a neutered Hulk, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

No Hulk vs Thanos rematch...lame...
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Captain Marvel for lamest...
                Glad I missed her movie.

She was on screen for about 15 minutes. She has a very annoying aura about her. Always smirking, so self-assured of herself. No humbleness nor humility in her body. A show off. I hated it when she said, “Because before you didn't have me”

Oh please, go away already...

I’ll take Wonder Woman over her any time...
                sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hector
                  Glad I missed her movie.

She was on screen for about 15 minutes. She has a very annoying aura about her. Always smirking, so self-assured of herself. No humbleness nor humility in her body. A show off. I hated it when she said, “Because before you didn't have me”

Oh please, go away already...

I’ll take Wonder Woman over her any time...
                  You mean all the things Tony Stark/Iron Man does all the time and nobody blinks an eye when he does it and loves him for it. It's like there is a double standard or something...oh wait...

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• YoungOnce
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 29, 2007

I agree about the Hulk... this version is sooooooooo boring. It was his unpredictability that made his membership in The Avengers exciting. I can see though the problems this presents for the writers.

I like Captain Marvel fine. I liked her solo movie and the unconventional origin story. She is quite a bit overpowered though and you could see the writer's trying to dodge that by not allowing her to be ever present. It might help her as far as the fans go if she developed some sort of personality... any kind of personality. Tony Stark has been condescending too but he had a sense of humor about it at least and had an arc where he softened. I'm sure that the writers and directors see this too for CM and will find her arc. It's early.

I kind of feel like Thor was sidelined a bit too as far as being heroic. They seem to really be relying on Thor for comedy relief these days.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MRP
                      You mean all the things Tony Stark/Iron Man does all the time and nobody blinks an eye when he does it and loves him for it. It's like there is a double standard or something...oh wait...

-M
                      Apparently you never read my posts...as many here know of my disdain towards Downey Jr/Stark, especially him in the worst superhero movie ever made, Iron Man 3.

This had nothing to do with her gender. I just didn’t find her particularly likable, that’s all. Now in all fairness to you, I’m only judging her 15 minutes of screen time on Endgame. I have not watched her stand alone movie. Perhaps I’ll have a better understanding of the character if I do check it out.

BTW, I’m the one who is constantly fighting against the status quo...as I don’t have a problem whatsoever Iron Man being Iron Woman, a black-Hispanic being Spider-Man...and James Bond being black. I have zero problems with Batwoman being Jewish and a lesbian.

You feel the same way?

P.S. I didn’t even mention Captain Marvel until others did. My thread is about the lame Hulk.
                      Last edited by Hector; May 9, '19, 3:55 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, I was also disappointed that there was no Hulk/Thanos rematch.
                        (The under-utilization of Thor's power in Endgame was also a disappointment.)
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, let's complain about all these great super hero movies we get!

None of these characters, or the way they are interpreted are "lame", in my opinion. Go back to the 70s and 80s. If you could find a super hero on TV or in a movie, you took what you could get. Reb Brown Captain America? I took him, but let's face it, he was lame. I still enjoy the goofy charm of those films, but he's lame.

Professor Hulk is a version from the comics. "Hulk Smash" has been done in live-action for 40 years. Why not try something new? It worked fine.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

^Thank you, Chris.

Do you guys really think this is the end for Banner and Hulk's character trajectory? If you do, you are seriously underestimating the writers.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Professor Hulk was lame, period. I’m a big Hulk fan. They really did a big disservice to this character. Just like DC does to Superman (especially in Supergirl). He’s almost useless. He’s greatly underpowered now. First we have Thanos beat him to a pulp and punk him. Then the huge Hulk fans are left hanging, thinking the big green is going to have his day in the sun and go a second round with Thanos...but noooooooooo...none of that...we get lame Hulk, cough, I mean Professor Hulk, lol.

Maybe Mark Ruffalo just annoys me. Seeing his actual face on Hulk...

Now on to the topic of every masked/helmeted superhero showing their faces in practically every chance they get, or not even bothering anymore like Steve Rogers...

Best character, Nebula. Worst character, professor Hulk.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎