X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Removing Marks On Romulan Head

I planned to use the head of a new Romulan figure for a custom but when I removed the clothing I discovered there are slight, black marks on the neck and body from the black fabric in the outfit. I was wondering if there is a way to remove the marks on the back of the neck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Good question, I am also using the new Mego Romulan head for a custom and noticed the black neck marks.

I tried paint thinner, a little bleach, nail polish remover, doesn't seem to work, at the moment all I can think of is
    finding a paint color to match the flesh and paint over it.

But in my case, the custom I plan on doing would have clothing to cover the spot, but I would though prefer to
    try and somehow remove the black mark, just for my own satisfaction.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't know of anything that will remove such marks, I even tried Remove-Zit (peroxide paste). It's on my Emce Treks, too.

I've had this happen with all sorts of new figures, from Joes to Ventures to monsters.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

Thanks for the response. The marks on the body won't show but the neck marks would. I can live with it if I have to but it be nice if they could be removed.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

I think it's actually the dye soaking into the neck, so I don't know if anything will get it out.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎