Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kenner SW variants: big head, light sabers, Jawa capes, etc. Which did you have?

Always wanted that Cantina vetsion and Walrus Man. That dewback is a kitbash dino, yes?

I had the small head Solo, cloth cape jawa, but saw the vinyl cape on pegs at Akron stores and moms said "No", yellow Luke, and Blue Snaggletooth. It helped I grew up a block away from Sears.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    It was a fun time for me too. SW was the first line I really heavily collected and tried to get all the figures.
    Very cool!

I'm happy to hear it.
    ---

Because of these posts, I have more Star Wars toys memories today. I'll have many good memories every day now. From mysterious Sandpeople to pressing the R2D2 head on an X-wing to fly locked in attack position. Then there was the time spent looking at the regular Kenner Star Wars catalog that came with the X-wing.

I had the vinyl cape jawa, and threw the cape away. I hated it, and thought it made the figure look really bad. I got a cloth robe one later, and really loved it.

I've had 5 blue snaggletooths in my life. 1 was my original and 3 came from my neighborhood. every kid had the blue version and we didn't know the difference. i never saw the red one in person until college at a toy show.

my lukes were half blonde/half brown.

I have a Blue Snaggletooth and a Luke Jedi with blue saber and a snap cape, also a small head Han... I'd love to get a vinyl Jawa or the DT Saber figures, but I don't feel like I *have* to have them in order to have a complete set, plus the expense is hard to justify. I generally don't get too fussed about paint variations, so I haven't worried about Luke's hair or stuff like that.

I'm 14 figures away from having everything I'd want for the figures; seven I don't have, five variants I'd like to track down, and two I'd like to upgrade/accessorize.
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Images
    I had a 12" Han Solo with blue eyes

Was told the body is mostly likely an Indy

I did buy it loose so it's very possible
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I had a 12" Han Solo with blue eyes

Was told the body is mostly likely an Indy
    Yep, you got a redressed Indy.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I had the 12” Han for about 5 minutes. I opened him as soon as we got into the car and realized that he was missing his medal. So, we took him back to return him since they had only one. It turns out that was a mistake since we could never find another one, back then...and they really tried to find me one for Christmas, even looking in a Chicago and St. Louis. Checking with all of their stores that might have one. Gosh, I wanted that Han!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Still need a Blue Snaggletooth and a few of the "Last 17" to complete my collection. (And the Droid Factory Artoo.)
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one CAH Mego Comic Activator (working or non working).

Quote Originally Posted by EmergencyIan View Post
    I had the 12” Han for about 5 minutes. I opened him as soon as we got into the car and realized that he was missing his medal. So, we took him back to return him since they had only one. It turns out that was a mistake since we could never find another one, back then...and they really tried to find me one for Christmas, even looking in a Chicago and St. Louis. Checking with all of their stores that might have one. Gosh, I wanted that Han!

- Ian

Seems to me, and this is purely anecdotal, that Kenner had a lot of quality control issues with missing accessories that should have been packed into the 12" boxes. My Darth Vader never came with his lightsaber, and I have heard other stories like yours.
    PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE CARDS: