Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Trailer (AEG Spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

NEW SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Trailer (AEG Spoiler)

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Everyone will know before the release that Mysterio is actually a villain, so why give up this other major plot twist?

If we already know the "I'm a good guy" is a head fake, what's the big deal about the second one also being a con? You kinda expect that to be a fake-out.

I'm still hoping all of it's a ruse and he's Arno Stark. Otherwise, it's really anti-climatic.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I want to like this new Spidey so bad, but just can't. They've changed too much from the Spidey I grew up loving to get behind this.

The odd crudeness and language is especially noticeable for me in a Spidey movie more then others.

Happy they got Mysterio's costume right. Looks great, otherwise I "might" rent it at best.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spectator
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 4, 2019

Originally posted by Brown Bear
        I want to like this new Spidey so bad, but just can't. They've changed too much from the Spidey I grew up loving to get behind this.
        For me, he's pretty much perfect.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I like the casting of Parker, not much else.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I like him in the team movies, but the first movie was weak. this new one looks good though and I am looking forward to it. my wife does not like this version of Spidey, she thinks he is too whiny

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              I like him in the team movies, but the first movie was weak. this new one looks good though and I am looking forward to it. my wife does not like this version of Spidey, she thinks he is too whiny
              I hadn't warmed to Tom Holland's Spider-Man either, for much the same reason, but I actually liked this trailer. I liked Holland a little better in Endgame, but this trailer was the first time I didn't cringe at all at him as Spidey. But I'll have to wait and see if that carries over through the actual movie.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I don't think he's terrible but I haven't warmed to a Spider-Man this young. However, I live with a 14 year old who adores him, so they may be on to something.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Personally, I like Holland much more than the previous two actors who portrayed Spidey. And as a big Mysterio fan (whose costume looks great from what I can see so far) I am all in for this.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I like the actor...but I don’t like that Marvel Studios has turned him into Stark’s pet project, please...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I don't have a problem with any of the changes, because there were 5 previous Spider-Man films whose set-up was more comic-traditional. I like Holland the best of the Spideys so far, and I don't mind the Stark connection. The MCU folks took the forced and ridiculously sudden apprenticeship in the comics' Civil War and made it work.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

so if they are introducing the multiverse concept in this movie, do you think this will be how they introduce the x-men characters into the fold?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

so if they are introducing the multiverse concept in this movie, do you think this will be how they introduce the x-men characters into the fold?
                          That's the rumor...of course, this could all be a ruse, because this is Mysterio we're dealing with. That's his whole schtick.

CHris
                          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I keep thinking about how Gyllenhaal was supposed to replace Maguire for Spider-Man 2, and that FFh has some "gut punch" scene. I'm now wondering if we see Maguire in FFH since we know he exists in the multiverse, and Mysterio kills/has killed him.

It would be a real mirrorverse flip, if Mysterio is Arno Stark (the line about "the world needing a new Iron Man" just adds to my speculation), and he kills Spidey-Tobey. They layers among the actors and characters involved would add a whole meta-context.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎