X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Other Worlds
    • Feb 8, 2009

Mego target price increases and reductions

MEGO TARGET PRICE INCREASES AND REDUCTIONS

I decided today to check out the Target web-site and look at the Mego offerings.

I realized that there have been some price changes on many of the figures offered on-line. Below are my findings:

Bewitched - 2 pack - Endora and Serena
    Price INCREASE from $29.99 to $34.99

14” Harley Quinn
    Price REDUCTION from $19.99 to $19.49

I Dream of Jeannie - 2 pack - Jeannie and Tony
    Price REDUCTION from $29.99 to $27.99

Action Jackson
    Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $11.99

Married With Children - Al Bundy
    Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $12.49

The Brady Bunch - Marcia
    Price INCREASE from $12.99 to $14.99

14” General Zod
    Price REDUCTION from $19.99 to $18.99

Charmed - Prue Halliwell
    Price INCREASE from $12.99 to $14.89

Charlie’s Angles - Kelly Garrett
    Price REDUCTION from - $12.99 to $9.99

Charmed - Piper
    Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $9.99

A few things about Target should be noted:

I ordered the Bewitched - 2 pack - Endora and Serena on-line during their most recent sale.

Not only was the box damaged but there were two (2) UPC Bar Code stickers on the back of the box and a much larger UPC Bar Code sticker on the front window of the box. When I went to return it to the Customer Service Representative at the desk told me that this was becoming common practice for on-line orders. The warehouse workers were treating the collectible pieces in worse and worse.

Since I was in the store anyway I went over to the Toy section and see what they had to offer. All I found were the standard peg warmers. That was until a very helpful clerk came by and asked if I needed any help. I asked if he knew if there any different figures in the back that might not have made it to the front. He said he would check. A few minutes later he came back with two (2) unopened cased of the 2-pack I dream of Jeannie and Full House. These were not on display. He then proceeded to offer me one (1) each of Frankenstein, Werewolf, The Gorn and a Romulan - which I proceeded to accept. He then informed me that the only items left in the back were the same pieces that were already on display. He also mentioned that there were 33 additional Cowardly Lions in the back.

While I still don’t have an undamaged Bewitched - 2 pack I didn’t make out too bad for a few minutes of my time.

Not a bad day overall.
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Glad your clerk was very helpful in your trip.

What I've found is that of late, a lot of the helpful clerks that were helpful at the beginining of Megos return, have now
    all switched to the standard "What we have is what is out" mantra. Maybe this is a corporate policy, or maybe it is true.

For now all my Targets are overstocked with Full House and Wizard of OZ sets. Overstocked with Peggy, Kelly G, Norm, Alice, Tootie, Samantha, and Richie.
    An occasional AJ here and there, and Occasional Fonzie here and there. 14" have all been Zod and Harley.

I feel that eventually, we'll get another Sale, either a buy2, get 1 free, or just a one day 25% off sale to try and clear stock.

At couple of the Targets, most of the mego package "hooks" are damaged, so they aren't even on the pegs, but laying on the shelf , often behind the
    Wrestling Belts, or the still occasional Aquaman 4 packs. its sad really.......
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
      Banned
      • Jan 24, 2009

The Target in my town never got anything in past Wave 1, that I can tell. Maybe I should ask if they have some in the back.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Other Worlds
        MEGO TARGET PRICE INCREASES AND REDUCTIONS

I decided today to check out the Target web-site and look at the Mego offerings.

I realized that there have been some price changes on many of the figures offered on-line. Below are my findings:

Bewitched - 2 pack - Endora and Serena
        Price INCREASE from $29.99 to $34.99

14” Harley Quinn
        Price REDUCTION from $19.99 to $19.49

I Dream of Jeannie - 2 pack - Jeannie and Tony
        Price REDUCTION from $29.99 to $27.99

Action Jackson
        Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $11.99

Married With Children - Al Bundy
        Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $12.49

The Brady Bunch - Marcia
        Price INCREASE from $12.99 to $14.99

14” General Zod
        Price REDUCTION from $19.99 to $18.99

Charmed - Prue Halliwell
        Price INCREASE from $12.99 to $14.89

Charlie’s Angles - Kelly Garrett
        Price REDUCTION from - $12.99 to $9.99

Charmed - Piper
        Price REDUCTION from $12.99 to $9.99

A few things about Target should be noted:

I ordered the Bewitched - 2 pack - Endora and Serena on-line during their most recent sale.

Not only was the box damaged but there were two (2) UPC Bar Code stickers on the back of the box and a much larger UPC Bar Code sticker on the front window of the box. When I went to return it to the Customer Service Representative at the desk told me that this was becoming common practice for on-line orders. The warehouse workers were treating the collectible pieces in worse and worse.

Since I was in the store anyway I went over to the Toy section and see what they had to offer. All I found were the standard peg warmers. That was until a very helpful clerk came by and asked if I needed any help. I asked if he knew if there any different figures in the back that might not have made it to the front. He said he would check. A few minutes later he came back with two (2) unopened cased of the 2-pack I dream of Jeannie and Full House. These were not on display. He then proceeded to offer me one (1) each of Frankenstein, Werewolf, The Gorn and a Romulan - which I proceeded to accept. He then informed me that the only items left in the back were the same pieces that were already on display. He also mentioned that there were 33 additional Cowardly Lions in the back.

While I still don’t have an undamaged Bewitched - 2 pack I didn’t make out too bad for a few minutes of my time.

Not a bad day overall.
        It's strange, but all the ones listed that are increased are peg warmers for almost 3 months at my local target, so why would slow moving items have a price increase? or am I missing something with this?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎