X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Logan’s Run : The Lost Toy Line video

MegoMuseum presents the history of Mego Logan’s Run: The Lost Toyline. Chronicling Mego’s attempts to make a toy line out of both the film and TV version of the 1970s Science Fiction classic “Logan’s Run”. “Subscribe Now* and get all our videos featuring vintage, custom, and new Mego action figures. Our Channel includes “Mint Off…

More...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Great story!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Terrific video, I fondly remember the series. How wonderful it would be to have New Mego produce Logan's Run figures.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

great video. I do not recall knowing about the show on TV back then, but I definitely knew the movie. would have loved action figures. as a kid I actually used to use Adama and Starbuck from the Gallactica line to be Logan and Frances

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

That was a GREAT video! Thanks for sharing!
          sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Great video. as always! I think I had somehow missed the Farrah angle on Mego getting the license, so this was a new revelation to me.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That was really good and I always wondered why Mego licensed the brand. The movie was actually pretty dark and certainly not as kid friendly or as toyetic as something like Trek or Apes. Licensing it to stop others from making Farrah dolls and products makes perfect sense. I had never thought of that angle.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

The Farrah angle came out of Tomart's interview with Marty, I also think that they were buying SF properties to protect the Micronauts brand as well.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 22, 2007

Fun video!!! Thanks for this. I liked Logan's Run back then and like any kid I had no idea why it was cancelled. Now I need to find the pants!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Excellent!

The reason for Mego securing the Logan’s license makes perfect sense.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Great video! I knew these were super rare, but never knew the whole story.

I still don't understand the bigger 9.5" figure size for these. The Logan's Run outfits do not have a lot of complexity to them that would need a bigger figure to do them justice.

Comment

• newlyknighted
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 21, 2010

Great video! Those are some really nice sculpts on the prototypes. I wonder if Mego 2.0 would like to borrow those from the collectors who own them now, so they could use them for new molds and production? I would love to see those on toy shelves in the 8" format.
                        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

This is a great video, explaining how a lot of things came together to get this line almost released. It helps reveal as much about Mego at that time as it does the Logan line.

I wish we had more specific information as to how far along production had occurred. Are the existing figures prototypes or were they factory produced trial runs? Seeing those uniforms on fashion dolls does imply some further levels of production had indeed occurred. I realize there is no evidence of the line being more fully produced (loose heads, more complete figures, packaged figures (GASP!)), but I find it interesting that there are claims that the line did reach fuller production. If only there was some sort of proof.
                          Last edited by Wee67; May 6, '19, 2:46 PM.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎