Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May the 4th, 1999

Images
    i remember the merchandizing blitz and excitement well. they were doing daily countdowns on shows like Entertainment Tonight. everyone was amped up for the movie. it was a good time to be a Star Wars fan. Maybe that is why I actually like PM the best out of the prequel films. it was just so magical to see new Star Wars for the first time in 16 years

It's hard to comprehend that its been 20 years, but that night was pretty awesome. I got to TRU around 1115 and I was the third in line. By the time midnight rolled around the line was around the building. When they opened I remember most of the crowd running ahead of me like maniacs. I simply stayed calm as I knew exactly what I wanted. While the carnage of dump bins was no doubt being filmed on security cameras, I strolled over to a shelf, grabbed the three 12 inch figures I wanted and went straight to the checkout. I was the first one through the registers and I was looking back at what appeared to be a battlefield of fandom, scalpers and desperation. I was probably home before the next person went through the checkout line.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.