X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Mighty Mightor Costume from France- The French really dug Mightor, I'm more of a Birdman guy myself but I think this costume, which makes the wearer go shirtless is the total bomb!

Shadow Crime Fighter Super Copter- I can never get enough of these odd toys from the late 1970s, this one is rather affordable as well.

Count Dracula Board Game by Tomland Toys- This is a little later a toy than I normally feature but anything with the words "Tomland" and "Dracula" gets my attention as I'm obsessed with a series of Monster action figures they made in the early 1980s.

Janex American Man- This is just one weird toy concept, part GI Joe, Part Paper Doll. I can't imagine many kids were happy to have this guy over an action figure but 40 years later it's an amazing curio.
    Captain America Super Baby by Amsco- As a kid, these toys bothered me because they weren't accurate depictions of the characters, Shazam was blonde! I think that says a lot about how uptight I was as a five year old! As an adult, I find this low buy it now tempting, it's hard to keep the collector beast in check.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah,I remember the ads in comic books for Superbaby. I always wondered what the deal was with them. Were they babies pretending to be superheroes or were they the heroes as babies?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Crickey, I love it when you post that Shadow stuff.

I recall wanting some Super-Babies and feeling embarrassed by it...
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I had the Batman Baby as a wee lad. Still have it, and bought a boxed one a few years ago. Love those toys.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

It's amazing that the Shadow copter was released a mere year before Star Wars toys hit the shelves. It seems almost prehistoric in comparison, but was only a year older.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

That's true, I recall seeing The Shadow toys in a catalogue before I even understood who the character was.

Super-babies, perhaps I will look a Shazam! version up...
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

I had blond hair when I was little and it has gotten darker and darker over the years, to the point some think it's black today (it's just a thick, dark brown), so Baby Cap could have blond hair.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

I don't remember seeing the Shadow stuff around as a kid. I likely would have gotten some, as my mother was a big fan of the old radio show. She listened to it as a kid, so I was well versed in Mr. Cranston as a child. The pic is a slightly re-colored/redone part of the cover of Shadow #1 from DC; I might have grabbed it in the day just because of that.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎