Thread: Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Plaid Stallions Five Awesome Things on Ebay this Week

Mighty Mightor Costume from France- The French really dug Mightor, I'm more of a Birdman guy myself but I think this costume, which makes the wearer go shirtless is the total bomb!

Shadow Crime Fighter Super Copter- I can never get enough of these odd toys from the late 1970s, this one is rather affordable as well.

Count Dracula Board Game by Tomland Toys- This is a little later a toy than I normally feature but anything with the words "Tomland" and "Dracula" gets my attention as I'm obsessed with a series of Monster action figures they made in the early 1980s.

Janex American Man- This is just one weird toy concept, part GI Joe, Part Paper Doll. I can't imagine many kids were happy to have this guy over an action figure but 40 years later it's an amazing curio.
    Captain America Super Baby by Amsco- As a kid, these toys bothered me because they weren't accurate depictions of the characters, Shazam was blonde! I think that says a lot about how uptight I was as a five year old! As an adult, I find this low buy it now tempting, it's hard to keep the collector beast in check.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    Yeah,I remember the ads in comic books for Superbaby. I always wondered what the deal was with them. Were they babies pretending to be superheroes or were they the heroes as babies?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Crickey, I love it when you post that Shadow stuff.

I recall wanting some Super-Babies and feeling embarrassed by it...
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I had the Batman Baby as a wee lad. Still have it, and bought a boxed one a few years ago. Love those toys.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

It's amazing that the Shadow copter was released a mere year before Star Wars toys hit the shelves. It seems almost prehistoric in comparison, but was only a year older.

Images
    Blog Entries
    That's true, I recall seeing The Shadow toys in a catalogue before I even understood who the character was.

Super-babies, perhaps I will look a Shazam! version up...
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I had blond hair when I was little and it has gotten darker and darker over the years, to the point some think it's black today (it's just a thick, dark brown), so Baby Cap could have blond hair.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

I don't remember seeing the Shadow stuff around as a kid. I likely would have gotten some, as my mother was a big fan of the old radio show. She listened to it as a kid, so I was well versed in Mr. Cranston as a child. The pic is a slightly re-colored/redone part of the cover of Shadow #1 from DC; I might have grabbed it in the day just because of that.