Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I wasn't a huge monster fan growing up but I had several model kits of the giant spider, scorpion and mantis and I also seem to remember seeing a Ghidorah model kit in an old Sears/Pennys catalog? Was that a thing? I have a three headed monster in my mind from that era and was wondering of that was it or maybe it had a different name?

In any case, I'm way more excited for this than new Star Wars. I was among the few that really enjoyed the first film even though big G was hardly in it. It was a great, slow build. Looks like they'll more than make up for his absence in KoTM.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

This movie seems like a remake of Godzilla Final Wars, but the Americanized version, in that movie Ghidora or Ghidra was called a guardian monster along side Mothra and the rest of the Toho gang, so this movie seems like something similar.

But now the rolls are reversed, Godzilla is the savior and the others are evil, so Mothra's a bad guy? when did that happen?
      the twin fairies must be raining a sea of tears and singing a song of sorrow.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

I don't think Mothra will be bad … The trailer has her doing the friendly giant nose to hand touch with the little girl

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

That little girl is the character known as Eleven from Stranger Things.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

she's at the right age now where if Lucasfilms was smart, they would cast her to play a young Leia

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
              I don't think Mothra will be bad … The trailer has her doing the friendly giant nose to hand touch with the little girl
              They're not. I think Final Wars is a good refernce for the overall idea, but they seem to be pulling a lot from the 90s Heisei run.

I'm guessing Godzilla goes full nuclear to beat Ghidrah, and the three elements of a nuclear blast are radioactivity, fire/heat and wind. That's G, Rodan and Mothra.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

This may be the first Godzilla movie I've ever seen in theatres, it looks great to me.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

I'm holding out hope that they can sneak in a Jet Jaguar cameo as maybe an abandoned or unfinished Monarch project. Or maybe a reference to King Caesar. But, I doubt Legendary has rights to those, just the big four featured so far. Guess the rest of the kaiju are original creations. This film is going to redefine epic...
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

^There's a group of names floating around - Baphomet, Sargon, Abadon, Scylla, Methuselah, Typhon, Leviathan - but nothing confirmed.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Even though the movie was beyond dreadful I always liked the monster from the movie where the kid vs the bank robbers ….. He's kinda like Godzilla but has a cat face and makes a weird cat sound.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Even though the movie was beyond dreadful I always liked the monster from the movie where the kid vs the bank robbers ….. He's kinda like Godzilla but has a cat face and makes a weird cat sound.
                        Are you talking about Godzilla's Revenge? aka All Monsters Attack, where the kid is being bullied and dreams of going to monster island and makes friends with Minya who has to stand up to the bully cat monster thing. Pretty bad Godzilla movie, but not as bad as Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (King Caesar) or Godzilla vs Megalon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I've seen toys from this film, but no Mothra. Isn't Mothra in the film?
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

^Oh yeah. Big part of the film.

Reviews are highly positive. They seem to confirm the other new titans are seen throughout.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              I've seen toys from this film, but no Mothra. Isn't Mothra in the film?
                              I've seen Mothra in stores from Bandai and whoever is making the movie stuff. It all looks kind of blah tho.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Makernaut
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 22, 2015

That is a pretty convincing trailer! Pretty cool arrangement of "Over the Rainbow" and the ironic use is unsettling and ominous.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎