Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla: King of the Monsterís final trailer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't think Mothra will be bad Ö The trailer has her doing the friendly giant nose to hand touch with the little girl
    They're not. I think Final Wars is a good refernce for the overall idea, but they seem to be pulling a lot from the 90s Heisei run.

I'm guessing Godzilla goes full nuclear to beat Ghidrah, and the three elements of a nuclear blast are radioactivity, fire/heat and wind. That's G, Rodan and Mothra.

Images
    Blog Entries
    This may be the first Godzilla movie I've ever seen in theatres, it looks great to me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I'm holding out hope that they can sneak in a Jet Jaguar cameo as maybe an abandoned or unfinished Monarch project. Or maybe a reference to King Caesar. But, I doubt Legendary has rights to those, just the big four featured so far. Guess the rest of the kaiju are original creations. This film is going to redefine epic...
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Images
    ^There's a group of names floating around - Baphomet, Sargon, Abadon, Scylla, Methuselah, Typhon, Leviathan - but nothing confirmed.

Images
    Even though the movie was beyond dreadful I always liked the monster from the movie where the kid vs the bank robbers ….. He's kinda like Godzilla but has a cat face and makes a weird cat sound.
    .................................................. .......................

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Even though the movie was beyond dreadful I always liked the monster from the movie where the kid vs the bank robbers ….. He's kinda like Godzilla but has a cat face and makes a weird cat sound.
    Are you talking about Godzilla's Revenge? aka All Monsters Attack, where the kid is being bullied and dreams of going to monster island and makes friends with Minya who has to stand up to the bully cat monster thing. Pretty bad Godzilla movie, but not as bad as Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (King Caesar) or Godzilla vs Megalon.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've seen toys from this film, but no Mothra. Isn't Mothra in the film?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    ^Oh yeah. Big part of the film.

Reviews are highly positive. They seem to confirm the other new titans are seen throughout.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I've seen toys from this film, but no Mothra. Isn't Mothra in the film?
    I've seen Mothra in stores from Bandai and whoever is making the movie stuff. It all looks kind of blah tho.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    That is a pretty convincing trailer! Pretty cool arrangement of "Over the Rainbow" and the ironic use is unsettling and ominous.