Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla: King of the Monsterís final trailer

Images
    Blog Entries
    It seems I recall first seeing the name in print (when i was an older kid) as "Ghidrah." Am I mis-remembering that?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    API was the original stateside distributor. They renamed anything based on phonetics. When Toho rebooted in the 90s, they had control over translations for trademark ownership. That lead to remastered international dubs of the original series with correct pronunciations.

So Gojira/Godzilla. Mosura/Mothra. Ghidorah/Ghidrah. Radon/Rodan.

aka Monster Zero. I'll never really get used to the Americanized Godzilla, but this movie looks pretty good and worth checking out, but why are they calling it Godzilla King of the Monsters? it makes me think it's supposed to be a remake of the Raymond Burr 1956 version with no other monsters featured.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    ……. why are they calling it Godzilla King of the Monsters? it makes me think it's supposed to be a remake of the Raymond Burr 1956 version with no other monsters featured.
    That's the 99,000 dollar question nobody seems to be able to answer.

It's like making a new Star Trek movie and calling it Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    KOTM is to keep.the trademark, but for the story, 17 Titans/kaiju appear and it's a battle for supremacy. Ghidorah is known as Monster Zero because some info Monarch found said he was the destroyer of all others.

Then you have Godzilla KOTM v (King) Kong final chapter for marketing.

I wasn't a huge monster fan growing up but I had several model kits of the giant spider, scorpion and mantis and I also seem to remember seeing a Ghidorah model kit in an old Sears/Pennys catalog? Was that a thing? I have a three headed monster in my mind from that era and was wondering of that was it or maybe it had a different name?

In any case, I'm way more excited for this than new Star Wars. I was among the few that really enjoyed the first film even though big G was hardly in it. It was a great, slow build. Looks like they'll more than make up for his absence in KoTM.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

This movie seems like a remake of Godzilla Final Wars, but the Americanized version, in that movie Ghidora or Ghidra was called a guardian monster along side Mothra and the rest of the Toho gang, so this movie seems like something similar.

But now the rolls are reversed, Godzilla is the savior and the others are evil, so Mothra's a bad guy? when did that happen?
    the twin fairies must be raining a sea of tears and singing a song of sorrow.

Images
    I don't think Mothra will be bad … The trailer has her doing the friendly giant nose to hand touch with the little girl
    .................................................. .......................

That little girl is the character known as Eleven from Stranger Things.

Images
    she's at the right age now where if Lucasfilms was smart, they would cast her to play a young Leia