Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

All the new Megos seem pale to me, but I'm used to the rich, deep flesh tone they used when the type 2 bodies first emerged, something I always liked about the originals. This is a symptom of modern figures; everyone from every line is fairly pale compared to figures of the 70's. Malibu Barbie would be very lonely these days. Most of the new repeat heads are pretty much in line with the original versions, but Kirk is a major downgrade. The sculpt is okay, but the paint job, which seems the easiest thing to fix, is terrible. It's a mystery, really, as many of the other Mego heads have been painted well, sometimes VERY well (look at Jeannie and some of the other new females, some of Mego's most beautiful ladies ever). You don't need to change an expensive metal mold here, just a much cheaper paint mask.

Comment

• Steeler80
      Mayor of Strunk
      • Jun 29, 2001

I think a better base skin tone and better paint applications would help Kirk out a lot. The sculpt still isn't up to the original but the skin tone and paint job make it appear worse than it is.

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

I spoke to Dr. Mego awhile back and he told me that China had the original head. However, this is what was sent to him. I told him that hopefully, they could re-do the Kirk head and also make Scotty and Bones. Fingers cross!!!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎