Thread: Mattel's Clash of the Titans Review

Mattel's Clash of the Titans Review

Professor Beastly is back with a review of Mattel's Clash of the Titans line from 1981. https://youtu.be/VUas6WOc6jM

Images
    So, I recall being interested in this line when it was released. However, after my aunt purchased two of the figures for me, from Target, I realized that I wasn’t so interested in the line. I can’t explain why. I can only say that they fell flat for me. Because of that, I had no further interest in any of the line.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    I still have my Calibos (with a tail that was repaired by my dad when I was just a wee lad).
    I recall seeing these guys in the stores and in the catalogs. Great fit with Star Wars and even GI Joe. Thanks for the overview!

Images
    Blog Entries
    One of my most beloved toy lines, from one of my favorite films. I have it all and wanted more, more, more. No Medusa is criminal, and Zeus & Bubo would have been nice.

Joshua Izzo at ActionFigurePics.com has done some terrific customs of Clash of the Titan expansion waves, which have been discussed here before.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Just got this guy off of ebay and immediately had to fix his tunic to be screen accurate. I have all of the figures from this line now.

CCC.

Images
    "You got a cape? and abs? Dude, I hate you."

CCC.

Images
    i had Perseus, Calibos and Charon. loved this line and wanted the rest, just couldn't afford them as a kid and mom and dad wouldn't get them for me

Indeed a crime to not have a Medusa!
    Those customs are off the hook - the Medusa Lair from a Well of Souls (I think) is crazy awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    One of my most beloved toy lines, from one of my favorite films. I have it all and wanted more, more, more. No Medusa is criminal, and Zeus & Bubo would have been nice.

Joshua Izzo at ActionFigurePics.com has done some terrific customs of Clash of the Titan expansion waves, which have been discussed here before.

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^ I loooove them, the temple is indeed awesome. (And yes, from Well of Souls.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

the repurposed heads are fantastic as well. White hair Perseus with a beard as Zeus is inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    ^ I loooove them, the temple is indeed awesome. (And yes, from Well of Souls.)