Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Booster
    • Apr 29, 2018

Mattel's Clash of the Titans Review

Professor Beastly is back with a review of Mattel's Clash of the Titans line from 1981. https://youtu.be/VUas6WOc6jM
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

So, I recall being interested in this line when it was released. However, after my aunt purchased two of the figures for me, from Target, I realized that I wasn’t so interested in the line. I can’t explain why. I can only say that they fell flat for me. Because of that, I had no further interest in any of the line.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• mego
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 16, 2012

I still have my Calibos (with a tail that was repaired by my dad when I was just a wee lad).
      I recall seeing these guys in the stores and in the catalogs. Great fit with Star Wars and even GI Joe. Thanks for the overview!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

One of my most beloved toy lines, from one of my favorite films. I have it all and wanted more, more, more. No Medusa is criminal, and Zeus & Bubo would have been nice.

Joshua Izzo at ActionFigurePics.com has done some terrific customs of Clash of the Titan expansion waves, which have been discussed here before.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

Just got this guy off of ebay and immediately had to fix his tunic to be screen accurate. I have all of the figures from this line now.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

"You got a cape? and abs? Dude, I hate you."

CCC.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i had Perseus, Calibos and Charon. loved this line and wanted the rest, just couldn't afford them as a kid and mom and dad wouldn't get them for me

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

Indeed a crime to not have a Medusa!
                Those customs are off the hook - the Medusa Lair from a Well of Souls (I think) is crazy awesome!

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                One of my most beloved toy lines, from one of my favorite films. I have it all and wanted more, more, more. No Medusa is criminal, and Zeus & Bubo would have been nice.

Joshua Izzo at ActionFigurePics.com has done some terrific customs of Clash of the Titan expansion waves, which have been discussed here before.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^ I loooove them, the temple is indeed awesome. (And yes, from Well of Souls.)
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

the repurposed heads are fantastic as well. White hair Perseus with a beard as Zeus is inspired.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^ I loooove them, the temple is indeed awesome. (And yes, from Well of Souls.)

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎