Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you've been through but glad you are recovering from this a little at a time.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
      Veteran Member
      • May 15, 2012

Sorry for your loss. I'm a bit younger than you, and have lost a few old friends in the last couple years. Way too early. I saw this response from Keanu Reeves to the question what happens when we die. His answer simply sums up what I felt about those passings.

"I know that the ones who love us will miss us."

The "Late Show" host was clearly not prepared for this brief and beautiful answer to one of life's toughest questions.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Well, it's been a month since she died and I think that the worst is over.

I spent the weekend celebrating my older sister's 70th birthday. The whole thing was arranged by her kids, and we kept it a secret for practically the whole month.

There were a whole bunch of toddlers and preteens as well as my eldest aunt who is will be 90 in December, her kids, grandkids and even great grandkids.

It was a blast watching my baby cousin playing with two balloons and just having a ball.

Nothing cures depression and grief like kittens, puppies, and toddlers.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

SO glad things are getting better for you.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Megolike
            • May 29, 2019

sorry to hear that. :(

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Her family had the memorial yesterday. Her boyfriend sent me pictures of the turnout, as well as pictures of my friend from high school, college, childhood and even a few baby pictures.

I guess that this is really it then. She really is gone.

Rest in peace, Marsha.
              JediJaida

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I'm late, but I want to say I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's passing, JJ. I hope you find comfort in the good memories you had together. Take care.

Dana
                "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
                  I knew right away that it had to be bad, because there really wasn't a reason for her aunt to have her phone.
                  Similar situation happened to me recently. One of my buddy's wife answered his phone when I called to come get some sports equipment I had lent him. His wife NEVER answers his phone. I could feel the hairs rise on the back of my neck just at her tone and I almost knew he was dead, even though he hadn't been in the hospital or anything, to which his wife confirmed shortly into the conversation. He was 10 years older than most of our crew but he was the funniest, most energetic guy I ever met. His daughter is a nationally ranked swimmer in the junior division. If she ever makes the Olympics, he won't be around to see her. Sad.

Comment

• Cee
                    • Sep 7, 2018

My condolences for your loss, Jaida. Losing a loved lifelong friend is never easy.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎