X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

My best friend died

She and I had known each other since we were 15 years old in Catholic school, waaaay back in the late 70's and early 80's. She was only two months older than me and had just celebrated her 54th birthday last week on the 17th. I called her today to see if she received the DVD I sent her through anazon, and her aunt answered it.

I knew right away that it had to be bad, because there really wasn't a reason for her aunt to have her phone.

She died last Tuesday morning, and there is no word yet on why. I think it was complications from her diabetes; she'd been on dialysis for several years.

I'm devastated in a way that not even the deaths of my mother and older brother could affect me.

She was always there for me, no matter how bad I felt, and understood me better than my own mother did.

She didn't even live long enough to retire!

I'm ticked off, grieving and completely devastated by this.
    JediJaida
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

My sincere condolences at the death of your friend. The sudden loss of a close friend can cut so deeply--I lost a friend from high school in an accident. My sympathy to you, Jaida, you are in my thoughts tonight.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Thanks P; you're a good dude.
      JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

I'm sad to read this, Jaida. Thinking of you. -Mike

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

You have my sincere condolences, Jaida.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I am so sorry to hear this. The family we're born with is important, but nothing is more important than the family we choose. I'm sad for your loss but happy that you were able to have this gift in your life for so may years. My thoughts are with you.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

And right now I'm throwing up. I don't know if it's stress or what I ate.
              JediJaida

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Sorry for your loss. What a blessing, though, to have such a good friend for so long. Almost forty years...

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I am so sorry. My condolences for your loss.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully our words can offer a tiny bit of comfort. You have my sincere condolences.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

I can sympathize Jade. I lost contact with my childhood best friend a few years ago after I was in a car accident. I found out last summer he passed within a month of it happening.. I just spent a few hours talking to his parents this week as it hasn't left me since I found out. We've had family or a friend pass every three months for over almost three years. It takes a huge toll on your health. You'll feel better once you get some closure. Take Care of yourself.

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

I feel slightly better now. Not 100%, but better. I'm not doing a thing today except drink broth, nibble crackers and have a visit from my sister.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• newlyknighted
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 21, 2010

I'm very sorry to read this. Friendships are a blessing. You have my sincere condolences Jaida.
                          I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

She was the kind of person who I could tell literally anything to and she wouldn't breathe a word to anyone else. We would talk about jobs, coworkers, movies, TV, books, comics, guys, relatives, you name it.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing friend.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎