X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Marvel Mego: Small Education Needed from the Experts

While I am primarily a DC fan, I do have an appreciation for Marvel. I like some things, but my interests are very limited. Thanks to Figures Toy Company, I now have all the original figures from DC that Mego made via FTC's repro figures (along with a few original Megos), but I have been pondering on collecting Marvel Megos loose mint and complete. I know that Mego made the following: Captain America, Spider Man, the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Falcon, Fantastic Four (Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, Thing, Human Torch) Green Goblin and the Lizard.
    So here's my question:

I know there was a series of Marvel figure sets that contained the original character in a Mego box, along with an extra head and a modernized costume to change out. Which of those Marvel Megos I listed been given this treatment.

I'm also pondering on collecting the Comic Action and Pocket Super Heroes of Spider Man, the Hulk, Captain America and Green Goblin,
    and finally the 12 inch figures of Spider Man and Captain America.

I have a long term goal of someday making a music video of all the DC and Marvel Megos with selected movie scores in the background that fit most of the characters, even though characters like Green Arrow, Mr. Mxyzptlk and the Teen Titans have never been on the big screen.

But before I begin to make a Marvel Mego collecting quest, I need an abbreviated education from the experts. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm no expert, but DST/Emce did repro-expansion sets of Spider-man, Captain America, and Thor. Daredevil , Punisher, Deadpool, and Golden-Age Cap followed.

CTVT also reproduced Conan, which was a Marvel license for a long while.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I'm no expert, but DST/Emce did repro-expansion sets of Spider-man, Captain America, and Thor. Daredevil , Punisher, Deadpool, and Golden-Age Cap followed.

CTVT also reproduced Conan, which was a Marvel license for a long while.
      There was also a Wolverine iirc.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Absolutely, I forgot him.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

Many thanks. So only three of them got this treatment. What I would like to do is collect them loose and mint. I don't mind repro accessories as long as it's something replaceable. I already acquired
          Captain America at a comic con, but I need his shield. Are there any repros of the shield? I found a naked Hulk, but I had to get rid of him because he has the same problem as my 12 inch Hulk, The left leg breaks off at the knee. Yes, I can get new joints or pins, but how would I keep them together? I know that boxed and carded Marvel Megos cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I just want to get them loose, mint and complete, or just loose and mint or near mint.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎