X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

12 inch Mego Leg Repair, Now What?

I bought some flesh colored knee joints for 12 inch Megos from Dr. Mego. I tried to fix my Magnetic Robin by taking out the two leg joints and inserting two news ones, and it didn't help. The leg was still loose and can break off if I'm not careful. I know one poster said they got new joints for a 12 inch Mego and it did the trick. So my question is, either what am I doing wrong, or what am I not doing to fix and make the leg tight? Any suggestions? Cheers.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
    I bought some flesh colored knee joints for 12 inch Megos from Dr. Mego. I tried to fix my Magnetic Robin by taking out the two leg joints and inserting two news ones, and it didn't help. The leg was still loose and can break off if I'm not careful. I know one poster said they got new joints for a 12 inch Mego and it did the trick. So my question is, either what am I doing wrong, or what am I not doing to fix and make the leg tight? Any suggestions? Cheers.
    Without seeing it I am at a loss.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
      The Man of Many Voices
      • Aug 30, 2005

Well crap!! I read about knee repair and using Super Glue, so I go out and buy some and I try to super glue Magnetic Robin's knee and leg together and it still didn't help. Not even super glue can fix it. I guess I'll have to give up and declare the figure unfixable. Luckily the magnetic parts still work and as long as he is standing still on my shelf, I am good to go.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Whatever you do, don't post a clear pic:-)

In your other thread I can see one of your knee pins sticking out. If that's the new one, possibly you didn't squeeze it hard enough and it's not fully locked. The pins should seat below the surface. If your pin is seated properly, and not defective either your upper or lower leg are distorted, or possibly both.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Serious question, has anyone ever managed to get repro knee pins for 12" Megos to successfully snap together inside the knee joint? Because I have not, and not from lack of trying.

The superglue trick has worked for me, but I don't feel the connection is that strong. Ok for if you just have the figure sitting on the shelf, but not if you are going to try to pose it. I've had success with nylon screws, but they probably don't look that great on Robin's bare legs.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

I have recently used at least six FTC sets while fixing up a set of 12" Treks. If I can do it, you can do it buddy! The trick is to have the right squeezing rig - modified pliers, vise, etc.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Maybe I should give it another shot, I do have a pair of these weird shaped pliers that should work in cases like this, but they haven't so far. Don't have too much faith in me sir, I'm probably the least handy person you will ever meet!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Maybe I should do a tutorial at Mego Meet!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Maybe I should do a tutorial at Mego Meet!
                  You'll end up bumping your own tutorial which will result in a bitter feud with yourself.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I would totally attend such a tutorial.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

a video tutorial on the MM would be even better. than you can edit out your frustrated cussin.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                        You'll end up bumping your own tutorial which will result in a bitter feud with yourself.
                        And you'll bear the brunt of it!!!!!!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

I stand corrected. After super gluing the two parts of Magnetic Robin's legs, I put him back on the shelf and waited until the next day. And when I removed him to try again, the leg has stayed in tact. The instructions on the Mego repair page said to wait 15 -30 seconds. I gave it 24 hours and it worked. I have no desire to pose Robin with legs bent. Standing straight is the only way I like him. Soon I will try the super glue on the Incredible Hulk.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎