X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

PlaidStallions Turns 13!

Today, 13 years ago, I had just put my (then tiny) daughter down for a nap and with the rest of the family out, I was that dangerous combination of bored and lonely.

So, I decided to start a blog that I had been planning for months. Not that I had a plan, it was basically me scanning my collection of old wishbooks and adding some humour. It was crude and I didn't know if anybody would care, also I told nobody.

It changed my life.

Since that time, I've produced toys, found employment writing about the 70s, gone back to school to make this site better, thrown myself out of my comfort zone with podcasting and Youtube, written a book and made many close friends.

I never intended to keep it going this long, five years was my original plan but I just never wanted to stop.

Through the years, I've lost family, jobs, friends and even my house for a brief time but one thing I looked forward to doing each day was this, it's been a rock to me, a true comfort.

I sincerely love and appreciate the feedback I get here, it brings me joy to read your comments, your captions (always better than mine) and your memories. Thank you for making this one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

I am very grateful.

Brian

PS-It's especially fitting I write this just before I drop off that same daughter at an all-night laser tag party.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Congratulations, Brian!

Thanks for all the fun!

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats, that's pretty darn amazing! I always give Plaid Stallions a huge deal of credit for making it okay to like all kinds of retro toys, here, and not just WGSH.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Wow! Time flew by. I remember when you started the blog. Great stuff. So much accomplished and well worth it. Here is hoping for more every day. Cheers, Brian!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Congratulations on an entertaining and edifying endeavor! PS was an unexpected benefit to me when I joined, I was just expecting the Mego dolls and found so much more. The tone was an added bonus.

And just to show I'm paying attention: Does the AHI Super Friends buggy have a Mego "stallion" controller? Oh AHI, what wouldn't you steal?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Congrats, man. Your work never fails to bring a smile, a rush of nostalgia, or an oh god I can't turn away it's so horrifically wonderful feeling when I encounter it, and it was your Pod Stallions podcast that led me to this wonderful place. So along with the hearty congratulations, let me offer a thank you for all you do.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Wow, PS is officially a teenager !!!

Congrats and many MANY more !!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Congrats Brian. thank you for always keeping us entertained with nostalgic humor

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Did you realize PS was 13 when he shouted “Dad, you’re ruining my life. I hate you!!” And then ran up the stairs to his room?

Thanks for all the fun, laughs and especially, Brick!
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Congratulations and happy anniversary to your Plaid Stallions!

Many of us have enjoyed it daily for years. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you, Brian!

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Congratulations! The site is a treasure trove of fun stuff. May those stallions run plaid for years to come.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Woah, PS is only a few weeks younger than my son. Those thirteen years just flew by, I can't believe that both are now teenagers!

Congratulations, I'm happy for all the satisfaction, happiness and success that it has given you. Sometimes I stumble upon one of your photos (properly watermarked of course) on another forum, and it puts a big smile on my face. PlaidStallions has become so ubiquitous for stuff like this, I'll sometimes see a 70's fashion catalog pic posted somewhere with no PS tag and am suspicious that it might have been stolen from your site.
                        Last edited by cjefferys; Apr 27, '19, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Happy Birthday, PS! I'm sure Brick is throwing a swinging party to celebrate. I look forward to what you post everyday, and the added entertainment of the podcast and the videos is just gravy. Delicious, brown gravy...on an orange plate.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Happy 13th!! I'm glad it lasted longer than five years!

Comment

• newlyknighted
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 21, 2010

Happy 13th anniversary! I'm so fortunate to live in a world where P. Stallions and Mego Museum exist. I'm grateful to MM founder Robyn Adams, along with Steve, Brian, and all the other mods who keep this site running. You guys have been instrumental in my enjoyment of this hobby, and the retro cloth community owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks for all the laughs Brian. Please keep your always entertaining tributes to the toys and the 70's rolling in...100% polyster, or flocked to a tasteful degree.
                              I post in thy general direction!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎