X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on eBay this week

Mobile Action Command Rescue Van- I loved Matchbox's MAC as a kid and so did a lot of you judging from the "what were those toys called?" emails I get about these. I never had anything as deluxe as this rescue van but you really got a cool toy for under three bucks.

Conan the Barbarian Neck Tie from the 1970s- According to the auction this is a very rare test market piece, The Superhero neckties were featured in the Mighty Marvel Mail Order catalog but I wonder if "Conan" and "Neck Tie" are a fit?

Dungeon Master PVC Figure from the "Dungeons and Dragons" Cartoon- I remember liking this Saturday morning show a whole bunch and being confused that there was no accompanying toyline. I mean some of the characters in the toyline got cameos but yeah....Well, lucky kids in Spain got inaction figures of the cast and they're pricey now.

Spider-Man Appearance Poster from 1977- If I didn't already have one of these hanging on the wall behind me, this would be mine. Seriously, Mall Appearance stuff is just magical to me.

Model Kit of the Spaceship from Quark- As a kid, I loved Quark but it was cancelled pretty darn quickly so there is no merchandise to speak of. This fan-made replica of the garbage truck the crew manned would dignify my office.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

You know, I actually had one of those MAC Rescue Vehicles/Vans, but had no idea what it was called or who manufactured it. I loved it and now I know what I had!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• acrovader
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2011

Never had any of the MAC toys as a kid and only found out about them in recent years. Neighborhood friends probably owned them and I could've played with those toys, but I can't remember since it would've been a good 40 years if I did.
      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• tay666
        Career Member
        • Dec 27, 2008

That Conan tie is really cool!
        But the price was way too high. It would be a nice addition to a collection, but only if it was fairly cheap.

When you said that Quark ship was a model, my heart skipped a beat.
        Then I was saddened when I checked the listing and saw it was a Chinese produced wooden model.
        If I could find something like that as an actual model kit, I would be tempted to actually do some hardware modeling.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎