Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R US relaunch update. A few smaller stores this fall.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Toys R US relaunch update. A few smaller stores this fall.

A handful of smaller stores this holiday season plus e-commerce. More plans to be revealed in June.

Toys ‘R’ Us is plotting a comeback — but with stores that are much smaller than the ones the iconic retail chain operated in the past. Tru Kids Brands, a licensing firm formed last year by creditor…
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

That’s good news. I hope it works out for them.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I’ll believe it when I see it but I don’t have high hopes. These are the vultures who put TRU out of business and caused thousands of people to lose their job. They just want to prostitute the name for another cheap buck. Those TRU toy box things were a joke and I have a feeling this won’t be much better. Someone needs to fill the void that TRU’s demise caused but I really don’t have faith in the people who were to blame for its death to be the ones in charge of the resurrection.

There were some legit offers to save the stores by actual business people and these guys saw more money in liquidation and subsequent business schemes like this. They don’t care about the toy industry or children.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Well, the old store in Burbank, CA was still vacant and the TRU sign still up last time I drove by about 3 weeks ago if they want to come back.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎