X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Shipped & Sold By Walmart...

So, this is kinda strange. They're listed as "shipped & sold by Walmart" but the prices are all over the map. 14 for Drac but 22 for Werewolf? That's not normal Wally pricing strategies.

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Its like prices elsewhere. Seems like figures that the seller has to break up a case to get are more than solid cases of figures. I think Drac can be bought in its own case and the Werewolf is only in the assorted case.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Its like prices elsewhere. Seems like figures that the seller has to break up a case to get are more than solid cases of figures. I think Drac can be bought in its own case and the Werewolf is only in the assorted case.
      Werewolf is sold in a case by himself, just like Dracula. All the horror figures come in case packs of just the one character, and are all the same price from the wholesaler.
      Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 26, '19, 3:16 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
        The Werewolf figure is listed with B&W in the title. I wonder what that stands for.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Werewolf is sold in a case by himself, just like Dracula. All the horror figures come in case packs of just the one character, and are all the same price from the wholesaler.
          then why don't some retailers offer some of the figures outside the assortment?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Bigger point: Walmart itself is carrying the figures, at least on the site. That's kinda huge.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I'll have to check out my local Walmart today, hopefully they have something mego, maybe they will have some Trek available?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by scott metzger
                Bigger point: Walmart itself is carrying the figures, at least on the site. That's kinda huge.
                Not really, I don't set foot in a Walmart at all.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

then why don't some retailers offer some of the figures outside the assortment?
                  They don't want to get stuck with extra unsold figures? That's what I think.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

Not really, I don't set foot in a Walmart at all.
                    Yeah, it really is, even though you may not think so...because you don’t like Walmart. I’m not in love with Walmart stores, either, but that’s big...if Mego does show up in the stores.

- Ian
                    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toyman
                      Just Another Collector
                      • Sep 1, 2008

Did anyone notice the May 17th arrival date? I wonder why so long?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                        Yeah, it really is, even though you may not think so...because you don’t like Walmart. I’m not in love with Walmart stores, either, but that’s big...if Mego does show up in the stores.

- Ian
                        they were already in Target so its not like its a first or anything.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                          Museum Paramedic
                          • Aug 31, 2005

^ True. However, if Mego ends up in Walmart stores, it’s a big deal because they’re bigger than Target. It puts Mego into another national (and, I believe international with, at least, Canada) retailer.

- Ian
                          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
                            Banned
                            • Jan 24, 2009

If they make it to Walmart stores, it could make these figures even More successful for Mego because of the availability to more people. This could be huge for Mego and collectors.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                              ^ True. However, if Mego ends up in Walmart stores, it’s a big deal because they’re bigger than Target. It puts Mego into another national (and, I believe international with, at least, Canada) retailer.

- Ian
                              I thought they were already infiltrating Canada at Gamestop or somewhere? Maybe Canadian Tire.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎