• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Hellboy (2019)

Went to see this last night and well...

It was in a smaller theatre and already I had heard it has done dismally.

Well only 11 people were in the cinema. about half way thru the film
    THREE of them walked out and DIDN'T come back!

I never ever saw that happen with any movie I have ever seen!

As for the film it self, very,very VULGAR, LOTS & LOTS of SENSELESS VIOLENCE!! and language.

The story was not bad, it was kind of mixed up at times, and if your used to Del Toro's films, then don't even think they are on the same mindset!!

it's up to you if you wanna go see it.

and an FYI there ARE TWO POST Scenes after the end of the film!!! TWO!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, I heard this movie was a true dud by all accounts. I haven't heard anyone say anything good about it. Some have said it's not as bad as advertised...but still bad.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I don't have a problem with the violence, its in the comics too, but the language was uncalled for, outside of a occasional "oh Crap" you don't see that in the source material. I've heard a few people compare it to a good b movie so I may see it when I can buy it cheap, but I've read more bad than good so its kind of soured me on it. Too bad, been a HB fan since day one
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I watched this last night and thought it was pretty great. I'm not sure why others didn't like it. I did think his "hell hand" looked a little too big.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I watched it this week and its not as good as the other 2 Hellboys but it wasn't as bad as everybody said. One of the problems I noticed was the facial makeup, the foreheadhorns were too large making look heavy on his face. Also they did not explained the glove, which bothers me. On a side note seeing the live action version of The Lobster.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            I watched it this week and its not as good as the other 2 Hellboys but it wasn't as bad as everybody said. One of the problems I noticed was the facial makeup, the foreheadhorns were too large making look heavy on his face. Also they did not explained the glove, which bothers me. On a side note seeing the live action version of The Lobster.
            Glove?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I meant The Right Hand Of Doom, they never talk about Hellboy's right hand.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Del Toro explained in his first movie. I guess that was one more bit that was left out of this thing

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎