X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
    I see why people would want the accessory or uniform sets, but for me, I don't swap out clothes and I haven't found the time to dress extra bodies with all of the DST Marvel Retro costumes and clothes from those sets, so I have no interest.

It does make me groan to see a figure basically re-released with new (Better!) accessories, but it is what it is.

Once Mego gets past these international waves to introduce the rest of the world to the Target Exclusives, I hope the variants are better conceived than just adding some Tribbles inside the package.
    And I do see the need to ship a case with some of the main characters international folks might have missed in the first waves. I think they need a balance in the next wave, though; another wave of nothing but re-dos is going to start alienating the market they desperately need to keep going. FTC started doing that and went from selling out waves to having everything left in stock almost in perpetuity.

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Remember, the variants are a good way to keep the main guys (Kirk and Spock in this case) available to new collectors or those that didn't get them before. If someone can't easily and affordably get those guys, they aren't going to bother with Chekov or Koloth. And many of us will want at least some of variants, while it also allows Mego to spread out the cost of the figures over more units.

So I really want all new characters like most everyone else, but I'm OK with some variants too if it keeps the line going.

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by rykerw1701
        Remember, the variants are a good way to keep the main guys (Kirk and Spock in this case) available to new collectors or those that didn't get them before. If someone can't easily and affordably get those guys, they aren't going to bother with Chekov or Koloth. And many of us will want at least some of variants, while it also allows Mego to spread out the cost of the figures over more units.

So I really want all new characters like most everyone else, but I'm OK with some variants too if it keeps the line going.
        Wise words

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by rykerw1701

Balance is the key. The first non-Target wave of monsters had three repeats, three new figures, and one of the repeats was a cool glow version I didn't hear many, if any, complain about. That's not a bad assortment. Frist Trek wave had no new actual tooling other than a Vulcan right hand, but we had a needed, standard Uhura and a new, more accurate Romulan; again, more satisfied than dissatisfied folks from what I was hearing. I just don't want to see us go from that into Mattel Crisis on Infinite Technicolor Batmen territory.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            Just don't ask me what I will do with all of the extra Luthor and Poison Ivy suits I have:-)
            Design a shrink ray?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• chunky B
              Museum Eclectic Collector
              • Apr 9, 2009

What if Mego approached the uniform/accessories set like the GI Joe sets, you get a standard crew member (red, gold, or blue uniform) with a non specific character head and then the uniform and accessories. I personally would love that. You could fill out the crew a bit and have the extra uniform and accessories for any of your characters. They could even do a coffin style box for the crew member.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^That's a nice angle, IMO.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎