1 x Phaser Rifle
    3 x Tricorders
    3 x Communicators
    1 x Medical Tricorder

etc
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

This is sort of like the "carded uniform pack" suggestion. I think Mego would rather sell you another figure ("Phaser Rifle Kirk") at full price than sell parts.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I'd rather see outfits and accessories, than just a bunch of accessories. Bunch of Trek items and no uniforms doesn't seem like a good seller.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
        Banned
        • Jan 24, 2009

Mego sold Action Jackson outfit and accessory packs back in the 1970's. My sister and I enjoyed these so our large amount of Mego's would have extra clothes and accessories. I never had an action Jackson, but their accessory sets were cool so that my Kirk and Spock could change out of their uniforms and into something else occasionally. I would love to see accessory packs come back!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
          This is sort of like the "carded uniform pack" suggestion. I think Mego would rather sell you another figure ("Phaser Rifle Kirk") at full price than sell parts.
          Yes, and I don't blame them. Shelf space is at a premium, and if the costume is well-done--Trek biohazard, space/environmental--I don't mind the figure.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Yes, and I don't blame them. Shelf space is at a premium, and if the costume is well-done--Trek biohazard, space/environmental--I don't mind the figure.
            I would have liked the Kirk dress uniform on a card, rather than see how bad it fits on the figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

lol Then you would have bought one and, upon application, thought, "Jeez, this fits like crap." That has happened to me with FTC at least 20 times.

I'm not lauding the Kirk dress tunic, thought--it's off.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 24, '19, 5:37 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by VulcanFanatic
                Mego sold Action Jackson outfit and accessory packs back in the 1970's. My sister and I enjoyed these so our large amount of Mego's would have extra clothes and accessories. I never had an action Jackson, but their accessory sets were cool so that my Kirk and Spock could change out of their uniforms and into something else occasionally. I would love to see accessory packs come back!
                I suggested this awhile back, but it seemed like most everyone here wasn’t interested. I would love to see it though.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

The idea reminds me of what FTC did with the Batman '66 line. Overall, it was a well designed product. I don't know if it sold like they had hoped it would, though as last time I checked it was still available.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    But shelf space isn't as big a factor as it used to be. Honestly, it seems very little of the Mego stuff is actually making it to physical shelves, and the places where it does show up tend to be more collector aimed, where such things might warrant the space. I'd wager most of Mego's sales at present are from online sources, then specialty shops. It also adds a different price point item, something cheaper than a figure to offer. Most importantly, there's already a growing cry against the variants we're seeing already. The tactic of "buy a whole new figure to get a new accessory" does not go over well with a lot of collectors, me included.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                      I suggested this awhile back, but it seemed like most everyone here wasn’t interested. I would love to see it though.
                      I think a lot of people here are interested, but Paul Clarke has said it's not in the plans so it's kind of a moot point. I'd love to be able to buy the new bodies for customs, but it hasn't been horrible to be savvy with sales and just buy extras of whole figures. Just don't ask me what I will do with all of the extra Luthor and Poison Ivy suits I have:-)

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        I think a lot of people here are interested, but Paul Clarke has said it's not in the plans so it's kind of a moot point.
                        Plan can change down the line if there's a perceived demand. I don't think any company doesn't want to at least hear what some of its customers are interested in.

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

The Mego variants are starting to look like a cheap way of reselling the same figure
                          over and over. If they do a Mummy, I might wait 2 or 3 Variants later to get the best
                          one . As it stands now I would have waited to get better versions of Wolfman and Frankenstein.The Activity packs are not a bad idea but the 66 Batman one didn't seem
                          to sell good.The Star Trek Tribble set should have a Klingon not a Gorn.Mego needs
                          New figures like 14'' Aquaman and Shazam and fewer variants

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            Plan can change down the line if there's a perceived demand. I don't think any company doesn't want to at least hear what some of its customers are interested in.
                            I agree totally Scott. They already know is my point. I'd beg if I thought it would help.......maybe we can corner them at Mego Meet and bring it up again.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I see why people would want the accessory or uniform sets, but for me, I don't swap out clothes and I haven't found the time to dress extra bodies with all of the DST Marvel Retro costumes and clothes from those sets, so I have no interest.

It does make me groan to see a figure basically re-released with new (Better!) accessories, but it is what it is.

Once Mego gets past these international waves to introduce the rest of the world to the Target Exclusives, I hope the variants are better conceived than just adding some Tribbles inside the package.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎