Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice the painted phasers and communicator?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMalvolio
    • Sep 5, 2007

Anyone notice the painted phasers and communicator?

I just realized that the dress uniform Kirk and Spock both are sporting screen accurate painted phasers and communicators! Will this be the norm now moving forward, or just unique to these two figures?

Also, speaking of screen accurate: with the Romulan getting a more screen accurate uniform, do you think the eventual Klingon will be in a more screen accurate uniform? (And hope against hope an actual DISRUPTOR instead of the cheesy red phaser???)
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

The communicator isn't really "screen accurate", being all silver. It should be mainly black and brass. I'd love to see a TOS accurate Klingon uniform, with a new Klingon head(Kor).

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

I really appreciate the screen accurate issues, but with this special Mego flare on authentic Mego bodies. I am so keen to wish that all of the unproduced EMCE Star Trek prototypes still happen.

At one point along the way, I recall reading online that Paul-Dr Mego /EMCE having put forward the concept of re-issuing the DST Star Trek "Mugato" also as a screen accurate figure, all in fur (instead of the 70s disco-one à la 'creative liberties').
      That'd be something to behold should it still unfold.

(I'm unable to credit who made the following custom, but it's from a Pinterest source)

Last edited by comicmike; Apr 23, '19, 2:31 PM.

Comment

• Treadwell
        Museum Super Collector
        • Dec 31, 2018

also the phaser should have a gray main body, black P1 hand phaser, and a bronze/gunmetal handle.

Still, it's a nice touch.

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

I like the new look Phasers and Communicators. They bare more resemblance to the TV versions but still look like toys.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I was surprised at the paint apps; kind of hoping those might be released in some other form to arm past figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge these, but I've never pined for them either. The additional detail is nice but somehow not Mego to me--I'd have been just as happy with unpainted weapons molded in gray instead of blue.

I'm thrilled to see new ST:TOS figures, but the uniform colors and details have been all over the place from wave to wave and to me, that is really off-putting and has prevented some purchases.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The promo pictures of the new Star Trek figures coming out later this month show Spock with a black Tricorder. That's kinda cool.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 7, '19, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎