X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego 10: Action Jackson Adventure Set

Vintage Mego takes a look at an empty box but WHAT an empty box, this is the only surviving sample of the Action Jackson Adventure set, a lost item from 1974. How did this sample survive Toyfair 1974? Well, that’s an interesting story and we discuss this amazing find.

How did this sample survive Toyfair 1974? Well, that’s an interesting story and we discuss this amazing find.

Subscribe and like for a bi-weekly episode of Vintage Mego, where we delve into goodies like this.
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.

Follow us on twitter @megomuseum

Check out our Instagram @plaidstallions

More...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Love that and the story behind your discovery of it. I can imagine how awesome it was to see her collection in person.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
      Love that and the story behind your discovery of it. I can imagine how awesome it was to see her collection in person.
      I have a really funny picture of me and my (then 5 year old) son with the collection, I look excited, he looks B-O-R-E-D.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
        I have a really funny picture of me and my (then 5 year old) son with the collection, I look excited, he looks B-O-R-E-D.
        Lol That would be fun to see!

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• newlyknighted
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 21, 2010

This is great! Love the artwork. It always brings a smile to my face to see pieces of Mego history i never knew existed.
          I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by newlyknighted
            It always brings a smile to my face to see pieces of Mego history i never knew existed.
            I feel the same way!

I enjoy these videos so much, Brian. Thanks for taking the time to make and share these.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

thank you guys! appreciate it.

I put this stuff on the museum and i forget about it, so it's fun to re-explore what i own rather than what i got.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

Spectacular acquisition and just damn fun!… I'll echo, it would be very cool to see any pics from that quest into the deep south in-search-of.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Another great episode. Good info. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

It's a beautiful piece, the condition is drool-worthy. I vaguely recall hearing about that former employee, that would have been around the time I lurked, then joined.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎